Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Swollen

Well today was my first day back on the job. I made sure to try and sit as much as possible and teach from the front of the room. Thank goodness I don't teach little ones or things might have been worse. It is so very good though to see my kiddos. Teaching teenagers is quite rewarding. They really are such an awesome group and it was sweet to have them all miss me so much. 

Question: For those  who have had surgery....It's been six weeks. Today was first day back. Stomach is swollen above incision and up. It def looks like I'm preggers. Did this happen to y'all? When does this go away!!?? How long does it take to fully recover. I called PPVI to ask questions and I am off my feet for the rest of the night. Will be keeping in touch with them this week about the swollen tummy. Now I am sitting here with ice on it and resting. I was hoping to start exercising soon but HECK NO with being like this. Just curious and would love feedback.

Final Note: GUESS WHAT STARTS TONIGHT!!!! My guilty pleasure:::: THE BACHELOR!!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you teach teens!! I think teens are the greatest!!! And, they need faithful, wonderful people like you in their lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leila...It's my 6th year and I love it more each year:) It's funny b.c I thought to myself "How can I teach bratty teenagers??" But, I grew to realize how much love they need and give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was eight weeks post-surgery before I de-swelled enough to wear regular jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bachelor!!!! It definitely is a guilty pleasure! Hope your first day went well! I also hope the swelling goes down soon for you! I've been thinking and praying for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me at least two months to stop wearing the Bella band at the top of my pants. I wore a lot of dresses to compensate and lots of stretchy pants. I teach little ones, so I can get away with it.

    Get a Bella band (or a fake like I bought). It will make life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...I can't remember an exact timeline, but I actually got back to work one week after my surgery (I have a desk job, though), and I think I could fit into suits that were a size bigger than I was wearing before the surgery. But I seem to remember wearing pretty loose-fitting clothing after work hours for at least a few weeks more. Certainly not jeans. I don't suppose your incision area is pink or you're running a fever or anything? If not, I would think there's nothing to worry about - just all of those layers of tissue take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What grade do you teach? I teach 7th and 8th grade Science and I LOVE it! I am so very blessed.
    I can't really help you with info on the swelling (well, not from surgery! I am swollen from life... aka, trying for baby), but I hope it goes down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to remember that you had major surgery! Take it easy...and listen to your body. Good for you for relaxing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it took me about 9 weeks to not look pregnant anymore. I wore a lot of dresses or stretchy type skirts/pants. Stay very well hydrated and give your body the time it needs to heal. It can take a lot of time and often it becomes frustrating. I'm glad your first day back was good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woman! you wanna online shop with me??!!And "watch the Bachelor" together? :-D I always wish I had a girlfriend to sit and watch that show with every week :) I bet your students are SO happy to have you back!
    I'm glad you wrote this so I have a heads up too about how long I'll be swollen. Now I need more clothes. heehhehehe. We're moving to a new town, I can't have people thinking I wear sweatpants day in and day out! ;)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad your first day back was good. :)I hope the swelling goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh I love you ladies:)Swelling is still there in the afternoon but I think all is ok. Just soreness. I talked to PPVI and they just want me to prop up from 330 on through the night to rest up for next day.

    Mrs. Henderson: I teach 7th & 8th Social Studies!!! Love that I met you and that we have such a big thing in common!

    ReplyDelete