Hello ladies:) I had a busy weekend of doing nothing:) After last weeks slow/sometimes painful week, I put my feet up all weekend in prep for this week. It worked. I'm feeling really good compared to last week. I have to be honest and say that I haven't caught up on blog reading yet b.c I was busy planning all weekend while DH was doing house work. He knew I had a hard week last week so he gave up his ducks (he loves duck hunting) this weekend to hang out with me and help around the house. Bless his heart, he really has done EVERYTHING since my first surgery in October. I mean, he cooks, cleans, does laundry, mows the yard AND when I came home Friday, he had taken down all the Christmas decorations (including ornaments on tree....he HATES that) and the house was spotless. And even when I am ok and able to help, he still contributes with all those things. I always thank his mom for raising him so well:) But, I am going home at 330 and plan on catching up on y'all.
So what did I do all this weekend while propping up....I planned a surprise bday trip for DH!!! I'm so excited:) I am a huge travel bum. Having lived in 3 different countries and traveled the continent of Europe a few times, I have it in me to love to travel....my poor husband. Haha. I am always up to something, he says. So I decided after a crappy 2010, it was time to go on a trip. DH is turning 37 in March and so I am surprising him with a trip to San Francisco and Napa over Spring Break!!!! At first I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off bc of expenses. BUT I lucked out. I got two great deals on plane tickets....it was drastically different leaving on a Thursday and coming back on a Wednesday. The times when you have to fly on the weekends were ridiculous! Also, his mom and dad give the best presents. So I called them up and asked if they would be willing to contribute money to a trip instead of a present....they loved the idea. Then, I talked to my parents and they also agreed to pitch in for his bday present. So, we have help! And it works out that we can do it:) Booked the tickets last night and we are headed out to San Fran for Easter:):):):) I don't know how long I can hold it in. His bday is March 10th. I'm thinking of making him a card with all sorts of pictures on it of San Fran and Napa. Or spelling out the words and cutting them up and having him put them together. Either way, I'm giving him it on March 10th!! Shoot, we have been waiting for kids and they aren't coming yet. So, I don't feel bad taking a trip:)
Shipping Blood Question: Tomorrow I have to to do a draw for Progesterone, Estradoil and Prolactin. I know how to explain to the lab all that needs to be done. How have you shipped yours when you had to do this? I'm going to have to do it every P+7 so I need to know for money purposes. My friend told me that she used to print off the shipping label online from USPS and have an envelope ready so when the lab gave it to her, all she had to do was drop it in a blue box. Her reasoning was because it costs cheaper...much cheaper than Fed Ex. Plus it's easier bc you don't have to go to a store to mail it. You can just drop it in box. My only concern is that I'm not sure if it's legal.... Anyway, just thought I'd ask y'all what you did and get some advice on that.
Thanks friends:) Hope you all had a good weekend. I look forward to catching up on y'all later. Blessings:)



Enjoy the trip! Dad has a wine store and when I went to Napa for the first time he set up some really awesome tastings and a wine dinner at Mondavi. It is so beautiful there, I know you will have a BLAST!!
ReplyDeleteYour dh sounds like mine. We are lucky gals :)
Exciting! You'll be feeling awesome by that trip...and who knows...maybe you won't be able to drink any wine!! Wink wink!
ReplyDeleteHi, I checked in on you yesterday and have been thinking about you - I hope this week is much easier on you.
ReplyDeleteThat trip sounds wonderful - my parents had a great time visiting SF and Napa Valley - I've never been but I *love* travel as well :)
Can't wait to hear the story of how the surprise goes!
That trip sounds so great!!! You are like my sister... she loves to travel! Me? Well, I'm such a homebody. I've traveled a lot, but I dread it... isn't that weird??? But I'm glad my kids and husband love to travel and I encourage it.
ReplyDeletePraying for you!!
I shipped my blood with Fedex, I know they used a special box/package b/c it was blood and used a sticker to warn etc. It is expensive though.
ReplyDeleteThe trip sounds like fun! I just realized I didnt' answer your email, yes we do Disney annually. We went for our honeymoon and every year since, we love it!
If you do fed ex, get a fed ex account and you'll get a discount. Check with wheelbarrow rider. I believe she did a post on shipping with ppvi.
ReplyDeleteThe trip sounds awesome! Thanks for the comments, too.
ReplyDelete