Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Down on Bended Knee...haha

So I'm sitting here reading through blogs while the people across the street are out washing their cars listening to that old song Down on Bended Knee by Boyz II Men. hahaha. And, what's even more pathetic is that I am singing along!!!

I just realized I haven't posted since Tuesday. What is my deal! I always get caught up in reading other blogs that I forget to post! My brain is funny. It is so ADD. I had been on Adderall forever (it honestly was my saving grace throughout school) but got off it when we got married and started ttc. It took me a good while to get use to life without it. I was ALL over the place and my brain seemed as if it had a hundred light bulbs going on and off with thoughts constantly...I couldn't keep my thoughts in line. Finally I was able to adapt to life without it but it took some time. I will always still have ADD. Now I'm much better but totally not dependable! haha. jk. Post-its are my life!

Today is CD 29. Boobs are already getting sore so I know what's coming. No worries though...I wasn't expecting a BFP this month or in the next few months. I know it is probably going to take time so I have already prepared myself. This was my first cycle with HCG,  P+5,7,9 so I know my cycle my actually be a little longer than normal. Glad I read about that b.c I probably would have gotten excited thinking I was preggers.

This week was 2nd week back at work. I am pretty much back to normal!!! I'm going on my 8th week and finally feel a turn!!! My energy is all back and my belly doesn't swell nearly as much. I think last week (as painful as it was) was just what my body needed to get back onto the fast recovery road. I needed a kick in the butt with getting back into teaching. Last week was exhausting but this week was 12x better.

DH and I had a wonderful date the other night. We ordered sushi (take out) from our fav sushi place. We had a fire. Drank wine. Watched a movie. It was perfect! Loved it:) Then I sent him on his way to the hunting camp for this weekend. He stayed home with me last weekend and so I gave him the hall pass this weekend:) ha. I can't tell you how happy it makes him to be out in the morning time hunting ducks with our dog. I get pictures on the hour of the sunrise, the ducks, Tide (our dog) fetching the ducks...HE LOVES IT! I must say I am so very happy that he has a healthy habit rather than one like gambling. Although I miss him when he is gone, it sure is fun to see him pull in the driveway when he returns. I love that excitement:)

Our Archbishop is doing a service outside of Planned Parenthood today at 3. Mom and I are going to that and then to the mass at the Cathedral for the unborn. I have never been to a Planned Parenthood so I am a little nervous about how I will feel. I am very proud, though, of our Archbishop for doing this. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Hugs to all of you and hope you are having a glorious weekend:)

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new reader! I'm also a Catholic struggling through infertility. I found your blog through Kaitlin at More like Mary, and Hebrews 11:1. I have PCOS, too, it's no fun! We also have a saint in Heaven, so I guess we have a lot in common, although it's not really something I wish anyone had to have in common. :(

    I'm glad you got a date night with your DH, for me, date nights make everything seem a little more tolerable. :) Good for you for going to a service outside Planned Parenthood, I've never been to one before, I'll be interested to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I swear we could be twins! I almost felt like I cheated my way through college because the Adderall (prescribed!) helped me to to slow down and focus so well. It was amazing. Now I am all over the place.
    I am going to hold out hope that this is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HCG! :)

    Don't worry about pp....I actually really enjoy my time there in the middle of the spiritual battle....I don't necessarily enjoy it but you are needed there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband (and a lot of my friends) and I are pretty sure I have ADD too but I've never taken meds! I wonder if I would have had better grades if I had taken em? ;) One of my roommates in college said "you should just take one of my Adderall and see!" but I couldn't do that!!!
    I want to duck hunt :) I'm not kidding. We'll ahve to discuss that sometime. haha. Love you dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ps - right when I saw the title of your blog (from Leila's page ;)) I thought of the song in my head, now it is stuck there - I LOVE IT. Love Boys II Men. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that song! haha I have ADD too, I was on Adderall for a while, it was the only thing that kept me skinny! But I havn't taken it for years, so my brian is never where it should be! :)

    ReplyDelete