Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's new...




CD 1


Darn. Was hoping to be one of those "1st cycle after surgery and got pregnant" people. Oh well. Hopes too high. No worries though. I'm ok. I knew it was coming but had that little inch of thought of maybe. 


In reality, I know it won't be right away so I prepared myself ahead of time not to be too distraught. I know some of you have waited forever and still are waiting...I hope you don't get mad at these thoughts. I haven't been able to try since last March so I am just now getting back into the swing of things.


Going to Atlanta this weekend with my high school girlfriends and I plan on having a big fat martini tomorrow night:) Maybe two! haha

11 comments:

  1. I remember being really upset on my first cycle after surgery too. I'm sorry. Bad CD1! Enjoy your martiniS! Keep the hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girls weekend sounds like a great way to pass the next few days. Have fun and enjoy their friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that first cycle after surgery... I had heard just about every person I knew tell me of someone THEY knew who got pg the 1st cycle after surgery. Seriously. Everyone knows at least one. And that did nothing for my nerves.
    But ya know, I also know a bunch who got pg the 2nd cycle post-surgery ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about CD1!

    For what it's worth, I'm one of those women who got pregnant way outside of the timeframe you sometimes hear of the 12 months after surgery being your best chance to conceive. NOT that you want to think about it taking that long right now and hopefully it won't, but just know there isn't a set amount of time or some countdown that's on. Maybe they didn't even tell you that, but I know it worried me at the time.

    Have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a consolation that we're cycle buddies?

    Sending hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...or 7... ;)

    Sorry about the cycle. Definitely not out of the ordinary though. Enjoy Hotlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rats! I was really hoping ... well, enjoy the martini now because you never know when you'll have to forgo them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh. But it just means a new month begins full of hope! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your love and support. And, AYWH thanks for bringing back to reality. I need that:) Hugs ladies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am late responding....sorry about AF :( Enjoy your martini's tonight!!

    ReplyDelete