Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dr and T3

Thanks for your encouragement with the last post. I'm assuming I am going to get a phone call from her soon. Oh the nerves will be acting up! AGH! They are already!!! I will be sure to inform you on how it goes.

PPVI called today. They upped my dosage to 15 (2 pills in a.m. and p.m.) I was expecting this...esp b.c my temperature yesterday was 96.7..haha! That is so not normal. I don't have any other symptoms (that I am aware of), except that I am abnormally cold all the time! I have tons of energy and I sleep well and am well rested. Crazy stuff. Sew, you listening??? Thought you would be interested:)

My 7th & 8th graders were assigned a paper this week. Title: Your Favorite Teacher. We had a substitute fill in for the English teacher yesterday. She came up to me at the end of the day and said "Are you Mrs. Awaiting?" She told me that tons of the kids were writing about me. What a reward! It made me so happy:) Sometimes its hard teaching teenagers...you wonder if you are really impacting them. Then there are comments like these that make it all worth while. Love them!

This weekend is DH last weekend of duck hunting!!! YAY! I get my dh back:) haha. He had so much fun. Each time he went he would send me pics throughout the day. Little does he know that I am making him a duck hunting book with pictures of him and our dog and their duckies. He is gonna love it! Then comes Mardi Gras season. Oh the festivities!

Last thing... I had a break down recently. Typical "I want a baby" breakdown. The one thing that just got me was my dad's bday is this month. He will be 70. He was 38 when my mom had me. DH is going to be 37 in March. We don't have a baby yet. I desperately want a family and I so scared about not being able to. Then I think, what if it takes forever and dh is really old when our youngest children are teenagers. Oh the thoughts that the devil just puts in my mind. GO AWAY DEVIL! I HATE YOU! I was so confident over Christmas. Then again, we weren't trying yet. Now we are trying and it's all coming back...that anxiety. STOP! Lord, please take this all away from me and bring me a sweet baby....soon! I don't want to ache anymore. I'm trying to trust...trying. It's so very hard!!! It's only cycle 2 after surgery and I'm already like this. UGH. GO AWAY!

Off to lunch. Every time the thought enters I'm going to try and kick the devil to the curb. Please pray for my strength and this situation. I know many of you are struggling too so please know that when I pray, I pray for all of us. Hugs:)

8 comments:

  1. ah my dear friend you are SUCH a beautiful person!!! I am praying for you and will try to help you shoo away that mean devil!!!!!

    of COURSE the kids love you!!! that did not surprise me one lick!

    glad duck season is coming to an end so your hubby will be home on weekends ;) next year maybe he can come out to the boonies and hunt with Ry while you and I hang out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a great teacher in some of the eyes of your students. Teaching often doesn't have many rewards, but when students do write something, it's so precious.

    My DH is going to be 37 in February, and it is freaking me out too. While I'm a few years younger than he is, I often do the math and freak out more when I realize how old he'll be at a high school graduation in 18 years, etc. Then I try to remind myself that our God is bigger than age and numbers. Nothing is impossible for Him. I'm right there with you praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry it's rough for you...I know what those breakdowns are like. I swear, us IF girls should all get medals just for going a single day WITHOUT one. That's how I feel most days--it's my greatest triumph if I just make it through the day without falling apart.

    Naturally, you are the favorite!! It's no wonder all the kids love you!! I loved you instantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Math is an IF girl's worst enemy. Seriously. I've added up how old we'll be in the future 'til it makes me sick. You're so right. Push that devil behind you!

    That's so wonderful about your students. No doubt you are an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize how much this effects me and weighs on me on a daily basis until we weren't able to try for a month. But then we go get back in it...you get back in it :/ I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Age is a CONSTANT factor in my concern and worry in ttc. I will be 36 in a couple of weeks and I know the odds of m/c increase with each passing day in addition to my rpl problems that are still unfound.

    How awesome that your students wrote their essays about you - as a teacher I would be thoroughly proud :) You are changing lives one at a day, good job Mrs. Awaiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog :) It's so funny how those little negative comments can sneak up on you--I experience that all the time! Praying to shoo the devil away for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you friends. Your words are always so healing. Katie, nice to meet you:) Welcome! I'm headed over to your blog to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete