Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bring it on 2011!

New Year...I thought I'd start with a new blog design:)

So 2010 was HELL on EARTH and I am so happy I can finally put it behind me!! Can I get a WOOHOO!

This advent was a real treat for me. I am so happy that I was able to fully enjoy it. Being off work, I was able to get my outing daily and go to mass at the convent. The priest there has really had a positive impact on me. It is a small little chapel with about 20 nuns (3 of which are Carmelites...love them:). Mom has been going for years and they just love her. My grandma (her mom) took care of them weekly with meals and visits. Now that she has passed, my mom has taken her spot. They are so very lovely and just admirable. I met Mother Superior the other day and when I walked in the room, I had to take a deep breath. She looked like an angel. Anyways, this break I have really grown in my faith. The priest is very interactive with the audience and daily would talk to us during the mass. I loved this! With the readings focusing on the birth of Christ, Mary, Elizabeth, etc, I felt it was all perfect for me to hear. I just loved them. They meant more to me now then they ever had before. The priest would refer to me daily in mass....he called me his Advent Girl! hahaha. He really gave me such hope for this upcoming year. I really am going to miss this daily mass. It is a 9 and with work that isn't possible....I'm actually really sad about this. It really made my life so simply focused on the right things in my faithlife. Thank you sweet Lord for this special time...it really has changed me.

It's been about 6 weeks since surgery and man did it take a full 6 weeks and more to recover. I have a pretty good threshold for pain (I think). It's not so much pain I am going through, just soreness on my stomac, bloating (majorly), and lack of energy. I probably could have/should have rested more over Holidays...I thought it was going to be easy, but it actually was very difficult. It would have been easier after or before, not during. BUT I AM very THANKFUL it is all behind me, so no complaints there.

I have extreme soreness below my incision...about 2 inches to the right. It's still puffy and sore. I can't wear jeans comfortably yet...I'm ready though! I have been living in black stretch pants. I start back teaching on Monday (I'm really nervous about this being still sore). I hope my boss doesn't mind me wearing my black stretch pants! ha. I can wear dresses but look preggers and that is a tease.

I had my 6 week check up a couple days early (thanks to PPVI understanding I wanted to have it before I started work Monday). I'm starting anew and am excited. We have been given the green light to ttc. I can't imagine doing this right now but I better get over it! haha. If my cycle is shorter now after surgery, I should be ovulating soon. If it isn't, I should be ovulating maybe this upcoming weekend. I am excited to start ttc. I must admit I am a bit nervous though...I don't want to turn into who I used to be and that is crazy woman lying in all types of odd positions hoping something would help us to get preggers. I'm done with that!

Meds I am on:
1) Progesterone shots starting this cycle. Now I will finally understand what all you ladies have been talking about with these.
2) Biaxin (Antibiotics): This is for me and dh for the next 21 days. All the cultures came back negative but I did have a bit of inflammation in my uterus so this should help that.
3) Vitamins: Pre-Natal, Omega 3, 200 mg Calcium, 800 IU of Vita D (no iron), B6 (sustained release) 500mg.
4) Dr. Weil's Anti-inflammatory diet....I have to become a health freak! ha If anyone knows about this diet or uses it, please holler. I have some questions...not many.
5) Parodel: Dr. H informed me I produce alot of Prolactin, which is obviously one of my problems in my cycle. This pill will reduce those hormones.

Now that we have been given the green light, I am pretty even keel about my thoughts of getting pregnant. I realize it might not come soon or it might come soon. I'm just kinda there about this thought. I'm hoping this continues so that when I do get my period, I don't get all depressed. I have really prayed about this...

Random: Have any of you heard of JuicePlus and if so, what do you think about it???

Girls, in closing out this new year and ringing in another, I want to personally thank each of you for your support, love, and care. Although this year was hell for me, I found a sense of peace in this blog world with you...how crazy it is to me to say that the blog world saved me, but it did. I love my sweet dh, but there is something about the support of women that is so comforting. You have brought me to a new level in life. My faith has grown exponentially. My knowledge of IF has grown and although I thought that was (at first) a bad thing, I have learned so much about my body and find this to be amazing. If I could, I would personally hug and kiss your sweet cheeks. My dream one day is to have a blog girl retreat....Man, would that be awesome!

God bless:)

Lord,

This year I have a new phrase that the priest said to me daily. "Call into being, that which does not exist." Romans 4: 17

Please:)

15 comments:

  1. I also have high prolactin ... But Dr. Keefe @ PPVI has me on Bromacriptine. I will have to research the difference. Best of luck in the coming months TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, it is the same as Bromacriptine! Sorry for the earlier post! :) I like to read about other gals doing the same thing as me! :) I've enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... 2010 was hell on earth, YES! I would note that Dr. Sti.gen told me after my hysteroscopy that she saw inflammation but the bacterial cultures came back negative. She still prescribed Biaxin for hubby and me for 21 days! Same as you. I haven't taken it yet because for me... negative test results equals no need for antibiotics. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you!!!!
    I hope that the kids behave for you next week...I know it is NO fun to be in pain and trying to maintain peace in the classroom.
    Question- what is the anti-inflammatory diet? I would be interested to know. Is it for endometrial inflammation?
    And please know that we are grateful for you, also!
    Happy 2011 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear this, and that you are ttc!!!

    I have a friend who sells JuicePlus and she is very passionate about it. I have other friends who use it, because of her great presentations. I think they all love it!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, nice to meet you! I went to see if you had a blog and didn't get to far. If so, let me know...I'd love to follow.

    Airing the chapel: I thought about not taking it but I am really anxious to see if it stops the bb. I don't like taking antibiotics too much but I'm kinda crazy about this thought of "what if" in response to getting preggers. So, I'll do it for you and let you know!

    Mrs. Henderson: It's a diet to reduce any inflammation caused by poor eating. There have been tons of studies done that proof certain lifestyles of eating cause inflammation (yes, endometrial). I talked to PPVI. One person mentioned the Endo diet...that was very intimidating to me bc I had to order this book that had way too much info. I talked to Dr. Basger (sp?) and she said that this Dr. Weil's (pronounced Whale) diet is the one that she finds to be the best. Having looked at both of them, I'm agreeing with her on the Dr. Weil's. It's a good step for me. Plus, how could it not be good...it's so darn healthy! ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and Lelia, thanks so much:) I'm thinking about taking this if I struggle with this new diet and getting all the healthy stuff in my body daily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recovering from surgery takes such a long time, doesn't it? I hope that the kiddies are good to you!

    I wore an imitation Bella band when I was in recovery. I'm lucky to teach little kids so I dress a lot more casually than I did when I taught older kids.

    So great that you're cleared to TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have infection found with my cultures but I did have inflammation. Has PPVI said anything about Pain and Brain supplement? That was one of the things I was on for endometrial inflammation the cycle I got pregnant. I was also on Biax.in (the cyclical CD 1-10), hydrocort and did the endo diet. You may also want to try Benadryl twice a day from P+5 to P+9 (another thing that I was on when I got pregnant). Sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you some ideas/things to ask about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!

    I did the Anti-inflammatory diet by Weil a while back. He mentions it in several of his books and also you can suscribe to it in his site. He then sends you recepies and ideas. I found it easy and very healthy. Not very different from the endo diet to be frank, he just explains is far better. He is into no diary or limited, a lot of salmon, tons of Asian things such as spices and tea, vegetables, etc. I felt great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, ladies, thanks! I love your advice!! Mrs. Blondies, I'm emailing you now..have questions.

    Martha ttb Mary: I'm excited that this worked for you! I'm anxious to get on it! I went and did grocery shopping today...it was an experience! Not used to shopping like that but I know the more I do it, the better. I'm going to the website to sign up now! I'm desperate for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are finally feeling better. I too was amazed it took me a full six weeks to feel better. It's tough to recover! I lived in sweatpants for weeks myself. I can't offer you any advice on anything except progesterone shots- I did them for 31 weeks (first whille TTC, then to maintain a pregnancy through the first trimester, then to prevent pre-term labor). Buy a heat pad, ice the area first, give the shot, then lay down with the heat pad. I was told not to use the electric ones, but those that you heat in the microwave. Might want to run that question by your doc though. I took my last one in April of 09, and I still have sore spots on my hips from them. They are nasty!

    Prayers that this is your year. I'll certainly keep you and your husband in my intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to be able to comment freely and not have to "hide" ;) My SIL began with an endo diet, and I think she still eats that way - little dairy, no gluten ... it's a lot of label reading and veggies, but she feels great. It's kind of good to have that to focus on (as well as your teaching) so hopefully you don't obsess too much about ttc. Anyway I hope you will get good news soon so you can obsess about a pgcy. Wherever your path takes you, we'll be reading along and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes glad 2010 is over. I am also on Endo diet and minimal diary and sugar. It helps a lot with the endo pain and I lost weight on it plus it got rid of my bloating. Your plan sounds great, waiting for a BFP from you :), no pressure.
    BTW I love the new blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my hubby and I take juice plus, I think it's a great product! bfp vibes being sent your way! (not that I have any to send ha!)

    ReplyDelete