Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back pain...called in sick today:(

It's been six weeks since surgery. After three full days of teaching this week I was exhausted. I must admit, after having major surgery and then jumping back into teaching teenagers, I am not as healed as I thought I would be. I got home yesterday and felt I got hit by a train. My back was in so much pain....like that lower back pain after surgery when your walking around and compensating for your stomach muscles pain. I feel I have a pretty good pain threshold but last night I was so irritated and hurting that I was crying away. I finally gave in to calling my boss and realizing the fact that my body was telling me something...I'd better listen. Thank goodness I have a sweet boss who understands everything and was totally consoling me. That brought me great comfort. I was freeking about having to call her after being out for 6 weeks already. Thank you Lord:)

So today I literally was in bed all day. I got up to go to bathroom/bath...that's it. My stomach is still sore to touch...like when you press a bruise...and it still gets bloated, but that wasn't what was causing my pain. Just didn't want y'all to think it had to do with my incision...that is all good. I still look preggers in the afternoons but I'm used to that by now.

After a day of rest, I feel much better finishing off the week and going back to work tomorrow. The weird thing though is that I still have that lower back pain...ugh! Do you know what I am talking about??? Anyway, it isn't as painful as last night but it is definitely there and irritating. Taking baths has helped...2 today. Now I am laying on a heating pad. The weird thing is that sitting up/standing today I have been fine. It's the laying down that hurts. I can't lie on my back for too long without it starting back up. Soooo tonight I will be sleeping on my tummy. Thank goodness my tummy is ok to do that. Last week I couldnt yet do that...this week I can...progress!!

All in all, i'm ok. I hope! ha. If this pain continues through the weekend, I will be worried. I was just curious to know if any of you have had that happen after recovery. One thing I do want to remind myself is that I am very thankful that Dr. H and PPVI found out what was wrong with me and that I got to have this surgery. So, do know that I am trying to suck it up as much as possible but that this is my venting life on my blog:)

Oh and I learned something today....I though HCG shots were the same as progesterone shots. I'm a dummy. If I would have thought about it thoroughly, I would have known. Duh! Sorry if my past posts I confused anyone. Tomorrow is P+4 so I start the HCG Saturday.

Off to bed on my belly. Hugs and sweet dreams. Pray for our sweet blogger friend. She really needs our prayers tonight. God bless you all.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back pain and that your healing isn't going as fast as you hoped. Don't feel bad about venting about the physical discomfort of healing from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sorry to hear about your back pain - ugh. I hope it clears up FAST! I like your blog template, it makes me think of spring. I am watching the weather tomorrow and the windchills tonight are going to be below zero. Ah...but such is life. Enjoy the nice weather for me! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are in pain. Is there any way you can get some rest in the middle of the day while at work? May be lie down in your car and stretch out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. :( I will pray that you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy!!! I hope that today isn't so bad! Thank God it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have a heating pad that you can microwave? I used that shamelessly at work during my recovery and time on the PIO shots. You could warm it up, and put on your back during the day. I kept mine in my desk chair and it really helped. Hope today goes much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry dear. :( That back pain is no fun, I remember I had trouble laying flat too. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://phillippians4-6.blogspot.com

    This is my new blog! Hope your day went better today and that the pain is subsiding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping that since yoh wrote this yesterday...today you are already feeling waaaay better!!! That's my prayer for you at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible. I hope everything is better.

    Don't worry about confusing the meds/hormones. You'll be a pro in no time!

    ReplyDelete