Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Telling my doctor tomorrow....

Ok, so tomorrow my husband and I have our consultation meeting with my doctor here in town. Y'all, I am so darn nervoussss! Why? My doctor is very close to both my family and my husbands family. She is a wonderful, loving woman but she has a personality that is a bit different and hard to get used to...which I actually like about her. She is verrry blunt and upfront and she has a very intimidating way about her...but we love her! Does that even make sense? ha. I honestly trust my life in her hands and I am soooo worried about what she is going to say tomorrow morning when we tell her that we are going to see Dr. Hilgers. 

So, questions...
1) How do you think I should start out? Meaning, how do I introduce this whole Dr. Hilger's idea to her and make it sound....I don't want to sound as if I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.
2) I really want to approach it from a Catholic standpoint, but also from a medical standpoint. How??

PLEASE HELP!   HUGS to all of you!

4 comments:

  1. hhmm...tricky. I guess if it were me, I would say that there is a Catholic physician who specializes in a infertility and who conducts a lot of research and after looking into his program, you've decided to work with him for a while. Does that help? I know he has a recent article in the Journ. of Gyn. Surg if she wants a reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the words I always use:

    Because we're Catholic, we are unable to use most artificial reproductive technologies and finally found a Catholic doctor who doesn't and is very successful in treating IF. Also, we really want to figure out WHY we are experiencing IF rather than just create a baby, and that's what this doctor does.

    If she pushes you for more info, you could always give her the PPVI website. Also, I'm always just honest if I'm not sure about something I just say "I'm not really sure about that yet" or "I'm just taking it one step at a time for right now".

    Stand firm! I understand totally the personality type you're talking about with your current doctor.

    Also, say a quick prayer to the Holy Spirit right before you speak. Works like a charm! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are amazing:)Thank you! With y'alls advice, along with Wheelbarrows advice that she gave me earlier, I'm going to sit down, write down my thoughts out, and then go in there and be confident! Thank you and say a little prayer for me please at 8 am:)

    ReplyDelete