Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Introduction

I thought I would give you a little insight into my story rather than jumping right into questioning you on your experiences, etc. My husband and I tried and tried for months on end to have a baby. When that wasn't working, we turned to our Dr., whom we absolutely adore. After months of charting, we did the typical shots, pills, etc, but nothing was working and we were stressing. Her next suggestion was IUI...which I was very unfamiliar with and should have looked more into it before we chose to take this path. Her reasoning was because of our post-coital tests. She said that the sperm were dead every time she checked. So, we decided to get my husband tested and it turned out he had super duper fast little guys...he was A ok! So, she determined from that that I had developed antibodies against his sperm...ouch! 

So we went with the IUI to bypass the so called "antibodies." Which, by the way, I totally regret after reading Dr. Toth's book....fingers crossed that nothing spread to the upper region...Dr. H will let us know of that. Anyway, we got pregnant with IUI. We went through the whole emotional high of being pregnant and then came the ectopic pregnancy. UGH!!!!! That whole experience lasted about a month. We tried and tried to save tube, but after two hospital emergencies, my body gave up and we had to have emergency surgery to remove my tube....so sad. 

We are passed all that now and I am healed and ready to go on my journey with Dr. H. After charting with my practitioner here in town, I have realized I am a limited mucus patient and I also have B charted on every day of my period...yikes. That makes me nervous. So, here we are waiting to hear back from Dr. H about what he thinks is wrong. I will be sure to let you know as soon as I found out! Until then.....pray pray pray and I will do the same for you:)

Oh and WheelbarrowRider and Patiently Waiting, thanks for making me feel welcome:)
 

7 comments:

  1. This is all great info and very helpful as readers. I am excited to have a new blogger on the scene! I love your quote at the top, btw, it has always been one of my favorites! You are on a such an encouraging path now with two amazing docs. I am curious how you found out about Dr. Toth? A few more random thoughts-brown blood can also be due to hormones, which also can affect mucus production. I was limited mucus production too, but that was (relatively) easy to take care and makes a huge difference in getting the sperm where it needs to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how relieving it is to be able to talk about this more with someone...someone who understands! I called my cousin today (who is my practitioner under Dr. H) and she told me that she used to read your blog often and that she loved you!! Anyway, she is the one who introduced me to Dr. Toth's book. It was definitely a page turner and very informative. I'm hoping the B blood is due to hormones and that is is easy to take care of.

    My cousin just told me that Dr. Toth has two conventions this month that he is speaking at and so I am keeping my fingers crossed that amid his crazy busy schedule, he still has time to get back in touch with me this month! I'm going crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to have a new blogger in the blogging circle. Prayers coming your way! It really does sound like you're in good hands now with Dr. Toth and Dr. Hilgers. They're amazing!!!!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to learn more about you! We love new bloggers. Dr. H is great, although sometimes it takes a while to get a call back since they are so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogs!! You will find amazing women here! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so welcomed:) Thank you sweet ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your ectopic pregnancy--I can't imagine how tough that must have been.

    But you are in great hands! Dr. Hilgers is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete