Hey! I'm back from Chicago. I had such an awesome time visiting my friends from college. This was my first trip away (besides the beach or the bay) from my sweet DH since we have been married and as cheesy as it sounds, I really missed him! I kept wishing he were there with me experiencing the awesomeness of Chicago...my favorite city in the U.S. Anyway, I came to an awesome realization while I was there and it felt sooo good. I am a big adventurer. I left home (Alabama) for 8 years.....4 yrs college at St. Marys College (lived in Rome my soph year), 2 yrs grad school at Notre Dame, 1 yr working in a cafe/pub in Ireland, and 4 months in Edinburgh working at the Univ. of Edinburgh.
After all that, I suddenly had the realization that I wanted to move back home. It was weird because I swore I would never move back. I love love love my family, but they always came to me wherever I lived so I thought I would be ok with that in my future life...I was wrong. I got this "all of a sudden" feeling that I needed to move back home. And guess what...2 months later, I met and married an Alabama boy...who would have thought! God is sooo good and he knew just what I needed. I had to get all that out of my system first, before meeting my sweet DH. Now, I am still an adventurer and drive my husband crazy with trip ideas here and there and everywhere. But now I have him to do these adventures with me. It's funny because I'm totally rubbing off on him! haha. We saved up our whole first year of marriage for a trip to Europe and we succeeded! We spend our 1 yr anniversary traveling through Italy and France for 3 weeks....it was glorious!
Now back to what I was saying earlier....When I was 21-26 yrs old, I was constantly wanting to live here, wishing I lived there, wanting to go here and there. I was constantly on an adventure. BUT, this past weekend when I was in Chicago, I came to the realization that this was one of the first times in my life where I could say that I loved where I was visiting but I wasn't wishing I lived there. Does this make sense? I wasn't wishing or wanting....I am perfectly content and happy with my life in Alabama with my sweet DH and that feeling felt sooo good! After a couple of days with my old college buddies, I couldn't wait to get back to DH. It felt so good to miss him and then be able to come home to him with open arms. As cheesy as it sounds, we were attached at the hip for the next 24 hours! haha.
God is so good:)
So the other day I sent an email out to a group of girl friends (college & highschool) and caught them up on my new adventure with Dr. Hilgers. Surprisingly, I have had some write back telling me that their doctors were trained by Dr. H. I was so surprised. I thought I was going to get emails back questioning me on who this Dr. H fellow was. One of my friends said that she heard that her Dr. in Michigan was leaving to go work with Dr. H in Omaha. It's a small world.
I got a letter from Linda at Dr. H office telling me that she is basically swamped but would be in touch with me soon about scheduling my visit to Omaha. Until then, I have my phone glued to my side waiting for her to call.
Blood series: I did a blood draw last Wed and then start back tomorrow with every other day. Oh and I'm bringing the sweet nurses cookies:)



So glad you had a nice trip and discovered your love for you real home. What a gift!
ReplyDeleteAnd keeping you in prayer for a quick blood draw series so you can get started on visiting NE!
I can't wait to hug you too!!!
ReplyDeleteYou two are awesome:)
ReplyDelete