I know many of you have discussed reading things during Lent. It reminded me of my Lenten Companion that Magnificat prints out each year. You can order online or maybe find at at Catholic store near you. I called the store today and they have mine on hold for me for when I get off work. It is a great daily reflection book:)
For lent I am doing daily mass Mon-Friday. I'm craving this! I am also going to focus strongly on praying for my prayer buddy. I am looking up a special saint that relate to her prayer requests. Also might look into some novenas as well. This will be so great and take my mind off my own needs to focus on the needs of others:)
As far as giving things up, I am going to be very strict with my Anti Inflammatory Diet. I have had a few too many weak moments so I am going to be very focused. Plus, it's just plain healthy for me! I'm also going to give up saying bad things, negative things. I'm really going to try. I'm not a negative person, but we all say things we shouldn't and I'm going to really work on this so hopefully it will become a habit! (Hope this doesn't make me sound like a witch at other times...I swear I'm not, ha! I just want to rid myself of negative thoughts and actions.



This sounds so great! Hugs to you, too, sweet lady!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so darn positive!! Best of luck w/ the diet. Those are always the toughest for me too!
ReplyDeleteNice plans! I'm such a negative person as well at times, so I'm right there with you this Lenten season as I gave up complaining. I like how you categorized it better as all things negative. Maybe I'll have to change. Can I do that? Ha, ha.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering more about the inflammatory diet- What is it and did you have endo or why are you deciding to do it?
Are you sure you don't want to take a day off work and meet me in NO next Weds:-) I have the day free and I'd even let you hug my neck:-)
Oh my dear you are so good! :) Love you! Praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great Lenten plan!
ReplyDelete