Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Beach instead:)



So dh and I would typically be downtown celebrating Mardi Gras but we decided to escape to the beach and get away from all the hoopla.

It's absolutely beautiful down here. I must say, its a bit chilly but it looks so perfect outside! We drove down to a beach bar and had lunch and then walked on the beach. I wish we were in our bathing suits in the warm sun but that will come soon enough. Can u see the pic? I bet you never knew Alabama had such beautiful, white beaches!! They are like no other. It's like walking on flour....its so soft and white! Love:)

I just downloaded a new blogger app so I hope this post w pic shows up. I tried uploading a few pics...don't know if it will work. We will have to see.

We are off work today and tomorrow for Mardi Gras. We are headed back tomorrow for Fat Tuesday. My dh rides in parade tomorrow night and then we have his organization party after. Wed at work should be great fun!

I am excited for Lent. I have my daily masses all situated and I'm getting my lent prayer book wed too. Today I found out who my prayer buddy is....yay! I recently met her and felt a connection to her right away so I thought it was fitting that I get to pray for her!

Happy Mardi Gras! I'll post some pics from Fat Tuesday for you soon!

10 comments:

  1. You gotta love Mardi Gras down south...nothing like a few days off of school!
    Hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lent prayer book are you getting/reading? I need to find one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! I grew up/lived in FL for 21 years, and I seriously miss the beach now that I'm gone :( Have a fabulous Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beach looks darn good since it's FREEZING up here!!!

    Can't wait for Lent to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANNA COME!!! It looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to draw a stick figure Hebrews on that beach! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's all rent a house down here on the beach and have a weekend together!! That would be a dream of mine to meet all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I don't see your email on your profile, I edited mine, so my email is on it now! I do have FB. look me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto - jealous! Even if it IS cold! It's cold up here too, and no beach!

    ReplyDelete