I was all excited about getting home from the hospital and then before I knew it, I was wishing I was back there! Crazy I know but Friday mid-night, I started getting nauseous and that lasted through Saturday around lunch. DH persuaded me to call Dr. H and he called us back and took me off the Percoset b.c that was causing me to be sick. Thank the heavens I never actually threw up, but man, it was disturbing. So I was satisfied with that feeling going away but then the pain came on. From last night threw this morning, I was pretty miserable with the pain. Before, you can move around (slowly) and not have it kill you b.c the pain is subsided with the pain killers. But once those pain killers are out of your system, OUCH! Every inch I moved hurt and it got real old, real fast. So I called back and Dr. said we could try another pain killer or reduce the amount of the percoset. I decided since I hadn't thrown up, I would try reducing the amount of the percoset. It worked:) Now I am better but still achy and crabby at times but MUCH better than earlier today.
For those wondering what it is like 4 days after surgery: Still slow to sit up, no BM yet but gas is moving more, need help getting up, still slow walking, sore, back muscles KILL (Heating pad helps), scar is looking good, still a little swollen around scar (Friday, I had retained so much water from IV that my feet and hands, along with areas around scar were sooo swollen), my color is pretty much all back, that is all I can think of right now...
Dh and dad left Omaha and headed home today:( Mom and I have been lying around watching Hallmark movies all day...ALL DAY! There isn't much you can do after surgery! ha. I couldn't blog b.c I was trying to keep this icepack on my tummy and it was uncomfortable to reach over to type. I have been getting up to go to bathroom, with mom following me bc she is so nervous I am going to get dizzy, and on the way back from the bathroom have been stopping by the freezer for TCBY White Chocolate Moose :) Thank you Mary! Gotta love that! Mary also contacted a priest that was friends of her husband's grandpa and he came to bring me communion today...sweet:) I was supposed to see Brenda (Hebrews) last night but because I was feeling like poo, I had to cancel and I didn't get to see her:(
Ohhhh, duh. Forgot some other important things. Auburn beat Alabama...BOO. But the good thing about it being on Friday was that dh couldn't be upset b.c I got to come home from hospital and he had to act nice and not mad about game:) haha. Any other day he would have been TOed (ticked off) but be did well. Notre Dame beat USC....WOOOHOO! Go irish:) Way to step it up after a poor start to the season boys!
Ohhhh, duh. Forgot some other important things. Auburn beat Alabama...BOO. But the good thing about it being on Friday was that dh couldn't be upset b.c I got to come home from hospital and he had to act nice and not mad about game:) haha. Any other day he would have been TOed (ticked off) but be did well. Notre Dame beat USC....WOOOHOO! Go irish:) Way to step it up after a poor start to the season boys!
Just wrapped up dinner and watching Princess Diaries 2 with my mom...haha...wow to the cheesy movie day! Have 40 more minutes till I can take another Percoset and man am I ready. I'm getting really grouchy now. Tomorrow at 11:30 is my follow up with Dr. H. I will be posting for sure to inform you ladies all about what he has to say. I was happy to read about all of your Thanksgivings:) I really enjoyed my turkey broth for all of you. And last but not least, I got in all those prayers for you fine gals:) I love praying for you, especially because it makes our Lord so happy!
Hugs to all and to all a good night:) Percoset...here I come:)
P.S. SOOO excited for AYWH:) He is beautiful!!! I'm a little behind with this whole surgery thing.
P.P.S. SOOO excited about my prayer buddy:) I can't wait to spoil you with prayers and little happies!:)
P.S. SOOO excited for AYWH:) He is beautiful!!! I'm a little behind with this whole surgery thing.
P.P.S. SOOO excited about my prayer buddy:) I can't wait to spoil you with prayers and little happies!:)



Ugh. Sorry there have been some bumps along the road during this recovery! I hope that you turn the corner soon! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteBlech on narcotics. But if you're in pain, then you gotta. Have they offered you those horse-pill sized ibuprofen? I took those and they seemed to help. (Also, unlike narcotics, they don't cause constipation.) And I'm sure you've heard about the belly band and the importance of walking from about 90 people already! Enjoy your time with your mom, and I hope you heal quickly!
ReplyDeleteMy mom watched movies with me the whole week after both my surgeries ... pretty good memories ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon!
I hope your digestive system continues to rebound. I hope you have a good time with your mom and feel better soon. Can't wait to hear what Dr. H says.
ReplyDeleteThank you girlies. Misfit, LOVING the belly band! The hospital gave it to me and it really does help alot. And yes, I have the horse size IBU...taking that inbetween Percosets to give my tummy a break.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, my flu has nothing on your surgery! You SHOULD complain about pain killers. I hate them! It's a love hate situation. But I did LOVE the giant sized IBU. Nothing better! Rest up and keep wearing that band. Your recovery sounds like my csection recovery from Dominic. Good things coming for you soon I pray!!!
ReplyDeleteDoes not sound fun. I can't handle a ton of percocet either and reducing the amount was the right move.
ReplyDeleteThat game was awful. Try watching it while Sew is texting and taunting you and your husband is in the next room doing the same ;)
I had a different surgery than you but remember being so ready to have to go to the bathroom. It took forever bc of pain pills but was too tough without em. Enjoy the movies and time with your mom. I am sure you are and she is giving you some good tlc ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I've had so many of these type surgeries and I well remember the pain. Hang in there, use the ice packs and take your pain meds on time. And, know there are so, so many of us praying for you! I can't wait for the good report from Dr H!
ReplyDeleteOh hope you are feeling better today! That doesn't sound fun at all...the movie watching does though! So fun you are having bonding time with your mom! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope you are feeling better!! I will keep praying for you, sweetie!
ReplyDelete