Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Heylo!

So I have missed posting to all you fine ladies:) With being out in Omaha those two weeks, I was able to keep in touch daily. Now though that I have been back to the real world, I have been catching up on what my sub did when I was gone, and also preparing for the sub that will be taking over for the next 4 weeks. LIFE is CRAZY! ha. I am so A type when it comes to planning and directing my classroom that the idea of someone else doing it kinda works my mind. BUT, I have decided to chill.

A few days before I left last time for Omaha, I got so bent out of shape and stressed about prepping for my sub that I got sick...literally. My body started to shut down from the stress and my back and neck muscles tighten up so bad that I could barely move. I had to pay for a massage to work my knots out b.c they were bringing me to tears. (I have bad history with pinched nerves and knots) To some this might sound relaxing but it wasn't even close to relaxing...she was working my knots out...it was that good kind of pain with every rub. Anyway, I decided that I couldn't go through this again with this upcoming sub. I'm chilling out:) They will survive without me!

Monday was CD 1. Isn't it funny how some months you want your period to come and then other months your hoping it doesn't?! haha. This month, I obviously wanted it to come. We didn't want to be pregnant now, knowing I couldn't carry the baby. It's funny because when we were trying, I feel like my life was uber stressed out. Then, with these past 5 months of not trying and waiting on our appt with Dr. H, I was 10x less stressed out. So, my goal for my upcoming months of trying after surgery is to LET GO AND LET GOD! I have already started praying for this and you can join in with me please:) I don't want my life to become crazy. I don't want to call dh telling him that he has to rush home b.c I noticed 10CL! I want to just be and enjoy spending that loving time with my dh and try my best not to be so anal retentive about it all. I did tell dh that he wasn't aloud to go hunting during ovulation...haha...I swear I'm not trying to control things:) No, but seriously, I look forward to trying again and I'm going to leave the stressing part as far away as possible!

So we (Mom, dad, dh and I) leave on Sunday for Omaha! I just want to get on the plane NOW! We have rented this home for the week (look below). We found it on vrbo.com. It's a newly built development near Old Market, in an area called Little Italy. It is so cute! It was listed for much more but we asked if they were willing to work with us on lowering the price and they were:)  The people were so nice and we explained our situation of how dh and I will be in the hospital most of the time and they gave us a discount. So we are paying $100 a night for 4 people in a house with 3 beds and 3 baths....mom and dad are splitting it with us too because they are staying there with us...this helps us out so much. Isn't that so darn nice of those people!!!  Now we get to have a late Thanksgiving in a comfy home, as oppose to a hotel. And dh and dad are soooo excited to be able to watch the Alabama vs. Auburn game on the 54 in plasma tv at home instead of a bar! Ok...now on to the important part...the surgery.



On Monday is my preop and then Tuesday morning is my surgery. I am a bit nervous but I do trust completely in Dr. H and I have been praying for him for the past two weeks so I know he will do great with me. If all goes well, I will be out of hospital Friday. Yes, I will be in the hospital on Thanksgiving. So while you are all enjoying your turkey, please eat a huge juicy bite for me:) haha. Mom, dad, and dh are going to prepare our Thanksgiving meal on Saturday so we will just a a delayed Thanksgiving! Dad and dh will fly home on Sunday bc they have to head back to work. Mom and I will stay to meet with Dr. H on Monday, then fly home Tuesday.

I have no idea what to expect as far as how I am going to be physically. I have heard (read) all sorts of stories but we all have such different pain tolerances so I have no idea what I will be like...that is what makes me nervous too.What I am looking forward to is the follow up with Dr. H. I'm anxious to hear how everything went and see what the next plan is...meaning meds, diet, etc. Basically, I'm excited about next week because I am anxious to get past it and start on the road of recovery and trying. I know I am going to have to be patient, but at least I can put the surgery's behind me and start over with a new year in Jan. Perfect timing. Man was 2010 a tough year and I am so ready to put it behind me:) 2011, be a better friend please:)

So is this all enough blabbing for you:) Sorry. I'm prob not going to be able to post until next Sunday or Monday. But I promise to post before surgery. I can't post from my phone...it annoys me to type so much on that little screen. ha. This week is crazy wrapping things up with school. Friday night is a bday party for my dad-in-law, Sat morning is breakfast with my bro and sis-in-law, Sat afternoon is my friends wedding at 2 (woohoo!), then Sunday we leave at 11. BUSY BEE weekend:) I hope that you all are well. I will be catching up on you ladies through my phone at random times over the next few days. Hugs around all your necks and thank you thank you for all your love and support. You are such a blessing:) I can't say that enough.

P.S. Mary (The Screllos) and Brenda (Hebrews), I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU LADIES AGAIN SOON:)

13 comments:

  1. A friend of mine just scheduled her surgery with Dr.H for January 12th. She's looking for a place to stay but will only be there Mon-Fri. Do you think they'd rent the house out for just one week? Or do you have other recommendations? We stayed at a hotel but it was less than ideal. Thanks! So excited for your second surgery and the hope that it brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Chances- Tell her to go to www.vrbo.com and look under Omaha, Nebraska. On that site there a few places that could work out for her. There is a calendar with each listing that will inform her if there is an opening or not. Also, with these people having many spots open on the calendar, they are sometime willing to bend the rule with payment. We asked for 99 a night and got it. If she has any questions, please have her email me. I'd love to help her out and I can give her more specifics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post for you if you want me to! Just say go and I will! :)
    Can't WAIT to see you! HUGS!!!! SAFE TRAVELS! :) Have fun with all the festivities, too, before then! :)
    Oh, and you, me, and Brenda need to talk about a Thanksgiving dinner plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping that all goes well with your surgery and your recovery go smoothly . 2010 hasn't been a good year for me either so waiting to wrap up and start fresh. Will be praying for you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just discovering your blog and so I will add you to the list of people to pray for. Infertility runs in our family--two cousins as well as myself and my sister all have experienced it to varying degrees, so I know all the emotional pitfalls you are navigating.

    That's actually why i'm commenting...I am working on an article for the Couple to Couple League's membership mag, Family Foundations, and I'd like to get the perspective of one or two couples who are working with Dr. Hilgers. Would you be willing (or any of your community)? If so, you can email me at kathleenbasi@gmail.com. Sorry for this public approach, but I remember how hard it was to get people to understand what I was going through, and I really want to give a voice to those experiencing the struggle now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be praying for you that the good Lord will keep you safe and strong. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Awaiting! I gave that website to my friend and told her to email you if she had any questions. That house looked great! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you! If you want to read about my laparatomy surgery experiences, start at my March 7 post. The hardest part for me was waiting for my digestive system to get back in gear after the surgery, which took almost two weeks to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be praying for you, your surgery, and that the sub does everything "just right". :) What an adorable house! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to let you know that reading your blog has helped me a lot. I've felt alone for a while in my struggle with infertility but finding your blog along with others has really opened my eyes. Thank you! I pray that Dr. Hilgers helps you conceive! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you my friends:) Blondies, I am half way done with reading your info on your surgery. IF Cross, I am so happy that you wrote. I must say that when I started this venture, I was alone and lost. It was the love and support of these wonderful bloggers that gave me hope:) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. B, sorry I'm just now getting caught up! I'm glad you decided not to stress about school. Praying for peace in your heart and that your classroom will run smoothly when you are gone!

    ReplyDelete