Ladies, where do I sign up?! I see all these people revealing their prayer buddies and I love it! I'm assuming now is the time to get new ones:) Any suggestions?
So I came up with this fabulous idea for my middle school teachers...Every Monday morning we all meet with our students (7th and 8th graders) for Praise and Worship! I spent 3-4 hours yesterday looking up Praise & Worship song lyrics and making a powerpoint of them. This morning was our first gathering and it went SOOO WELL!! Y'all, it brought tears to my eyes to see these students singing these songs. Of course, many of the songs were unfamiliar to them but they soon caught on and were all singing. Our priest came and joined us too! It was such a wonderful moment and I know the Lord was smiling down with pure joy:) Thank you Lord for you help with organizing all of this!
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
6 months ago



I am new to this whole prayer buddy thing, but Sew, TCIE, and JBTC organize the prayer buddies, and they do them during Advent, Lent, and then this year they decided to do a summer session. So, come late fall, keep an eye out on these blogs for the announcement of a new round of prayer buddies. Then all you have to do is sign up! :) It is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThe praise and worship sounds awesome! I'm glad it went well! :)
Yep, Megan covered it great. We love to add new prayer warriors, so get ready to get your prayer on come Advent. (Of course, prayers anytime are much appreciated, but I am hoping we continue the formalized thing again in Advent.) God Bless you!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies:) What a great idea to do this! Of course, prayers all the time are great so I will continue to do that as well.
ReplyDeleteHey - I just noticed we have the same anniversary. My DH and I were also married on 5/31/08. Hmm...that is neat. We would love to go to Italy and France, oh my that sounds amazing. We went to the Black Hills for our honeymoon and then we went to Wisconsin Dells for our 1 year anniversary and had a great time, well except for the fact that I cracked my rib on a roller coaster. Yeah, I don't seem to have good luck on our vacations. (I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago on our Montana trip.) Just thought I would share. I hope you have a blessed rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteREALLY! I love that! I don't know anyone else who shares our anniversary. You are officially special to me!! Then let's be secret prayer buddies...haha! Jk. I do look forward to that coming though.
ReplyDeleteOur trip was amazing...one we will forever be thankful for. If you ever go, please let me know and I would love to help you plan! I looked up pictures of the Black Hills....it is a must go for me one day. It's beautiful!
Thanks for saying hey! Look forward to keeping in touch:)
If you are serious about wanting to be prayer buddies for the interim - I would take you up on it, I have a serious family issue that needs prayer and would be humbled if you would want to help me pray for it. I am not going to put it in your com box - but if you want to e-mail your intentions, I can send you mine. My e-mail is in my profile. By the way - I am not sure if you knew this (most likely you did), but 5/31/08 was actually a double feast day - it always is the Feast of the Visitation, but in 2008 because Easter was so early (in March), 5/31 happened to also be the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Pretty cool, huh? May the Immaculate Heart of Mary, intercede for both us! Go forth and be a SAINT!
ReplyDeleteYes, you will surely see the posts - especially on Sew's and JBTC's blogs.
ReplyDeleteJBTC is a walking encyclopedia on all feast days!
Joy! I'm emailing you asap! Thank you so much for that info on the feast days...that makes that day all the more meaningful:)
ReplyDeleteWell if I had found this post sooner, I would have added you to my Fearless Friday post today. I found you from Catholic Women Online. Wonderful to meet another 'sister of the faith'..((hugs)) Please know I am praying for you right now. Blessings..IF you ever need any prayer, I'm only an email away. My goodness girl, I'm willing to call you on the phone and pray with ya!!
ReplyDelete