Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dr. Hilger's question???

Last night DH and I went out for pizza and beer. It was such a fun casual date...love those kind! While we were enjoying our beer waiting on the pizza he asked me this question and I told him I would have to ask and let him know. Question:  If Dr. Hilgers finds something wrong, that is fixable, while he is doing my exploratory laprascopy, will he fix it or will he sow me back up and fix it another time???? Meaning, if I have a bit of endo, will he get rid of it then, or wait until he tells me, then go back and get rid of it??? If you know, let me know. If not, I plan on calling PPVI and asking them.

Happy Sunday morning:)

8 comments:

  1. If it's minor and can be fixed with a laparascopy, he'll do it right then and there. If not, he'll sew you back up and recommend a laparatomy later, like I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how much they find and whether Dr. H feels that he can get it out without causing adhesions during the lap or if they need a large incision to get it out in a way that minimizes the chance of adhesions. I had lots of little spots of endo, so they closed me up after finding it and I had the laparatomy a couple months later to remove the endo and a cyst on my tube. They would remove any issues (polyp, etc) inside your uterus that they found. I had a polyp removed during the hysteroscopy with my exploratory lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few spots of endo removed during the laparoscopy. He didn't have time to check out my tubes but I think he normally does. He also checked my other organs (gall bladder, liver, etc) to make sure they were ok because I was having bad gall bladder symptoms. But I've heard that if the endo is severe or in places he can't reach through just the lap then you go back for a second, more extensive surgery if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends on the severity. Dr. K found mild-mod endo during my lap and zapped that crap right out. During the HSG that they did at the same time, one of my tubes was blocked with "debris" and Dr. K cleaned that out too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for your responses. Have I told you lately that I love having you all in my life! Now I know that I can start praying for diagnosis and immediate treatment so I won't have to go through the motions 2x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's pray to God you don't have StageIV or else you will get closed back up and have to go back. He does laparatomies for Stage IV. So you would have to go back. Praying it's not that severe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I have asked others to join me in praying for you and your hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete