So I have a quote board in my classroom that I like to write random quotes on for the kids to read. They love coming in and seeing what the new quote will be. They usually are inspirational, as teenagers need as much inspiration as possible.
One of my fav: "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!"
Today's quote: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit, where there are footprints on the moon!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight is the Bachelor!!! MY GUILTY PLEASURE!!! hahaha. Horrible I know.
But, there are only 3 girls left. It is getting really good. Tonight he is sending home one and will have only 2 left. Is anyone out in the blog world excited with me????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night Dh and I had a Mardi Gras party. Here the festivities run for 3 weeks. We were downtown at a party outside in the gorgeous weather. They had yummy food and a fabulous band. Then came the parade...which I call the "boom, boom!" The bands are my absolute favorite part in the parades. Dh and I break it down when they go by...love them! Then of course there are the moonpies....each year they come out with a new flavor. This year it is coconut...yuck! My fav is peanut butter and the mint too! (Moonpies: graham cracker crust cookie sandwiches dipped in flavor (usually chocolate) with a filling in the middle...kind of like oreos but 10x better!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please please pray for Hebrews all day tomorrow. It is her surgery day and she needs our prayers!!!



Enjoy the parade! Mardi Gras in full swing huh? But wait!!! that means LENT is coming! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol
ReplyDeleteLove the Bachelor, even though I hate to admit it! Sounds like you all had fun with the Mardi Gras celebrations! Definitely will be praying for Hebrews tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI follow the Bachelor too. Terrible, I know! I will totally be watching tonight to see who he sends home. I predict Emily or Ashley.
ReplyDeleteI think he's gonna send home Ashley and then he'll end up with Chantel (or however you spell that?)... I heard somewhere that Emily may be the next bachelorette but I can't see that happenin'... maybe he'll pick her but I dunno, it seems like they're making it TOO Much like he'll pick her...? I wish we could all watch this together darn it!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd if we were just NEIGHBORS we could walk together, TOO! darn it again! ;)
hugs hugs hugs!
PS - I want to go to Mardi Gras stuff with you and eat moonpies ;( BOO HOOOOOooooOoooooo. I wanna go to the ball and the parade... haha I am being such a baby. ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Bachelor as well! Guilty pleasure, but watching it with my husband makes it so enjoyable due to his fantastic sense of humor. I bet Ashley is going home!
ReplyDeleteA couple of my fave quotes:
ReplyDelete"Nothing is impossible with God."
"Common sense is not so common."
As for Hebrews, I'm so on it!!! I'll even get my kiddos at school to pray for her!
Coconut? Gross! That's so disappointing! Banana is still my favorite! Have a fun MG!
ReplyDeleteI loved quotes, too. I remember my Latin class in high school always had great quotes up.
Mary - I think you've nailed the Bachelor ending lol. Ashley did go home, and I agree... they are playing Emily up too much in the editing (I do like her a lot, though).
ReplyDeleteSo true. DID YOU SEE WHERE HE TOLD EMILY HE WAS FALLNG IN LOVE??? I have been watching this for years and never seen anyone break those rules and he did!!
ReplyDeleteBut, I hear he picks Chantel so I'm wondering what drama occurs. I can't wait!