I'm back:) I haven't posted in over a week. I get so caught up in reading your posts that I forget to post my own! haha. My last post was pretty depressing. This past week was a much better week, although we are still mourning the losses. It really is comforting though to know that I know have a crew up in heaven playing with my little one:)
Cycle: This cycle I had my first double peak ever! I was actually happy to see it b.c I was a bit upset when I only had 10ck for 2 days...but then three days later it came back for another 2 days. When they teach you that double peaks occur usually during highly stressful times, it all makes sense. That week of ovulation was the week of 3 losses of life in one week. So I understood why. Today is p+5 so I start my second round of HCG. Fun.God please don't make me the psycho woman I was during this 2ww. So far, I'm chill. Let me remain that way.
This weekend DH and I had plans to go to New Orleans (only 2 hours away) on Saturday to surprise my dad for his 70th bday:) Love my sweet daddy! Mom had surprised him and taken him there for the weekend. We were supposed to surprise him at dinner on Sat. But, on Friday at 2 (while I was still at work) DH and I decided to spontaneously go on Friday after work. YAY! Fun!! So I rushed home after work and we headed to New Orleans!
We made reservations at Irene's (Old Italian restaurant in French Quarter). I totally ditched the diet!!! WOOHOO! haha. We were told they didn't take reservations (but I think they do now) and so we headed there around 8. They said it wouldn't be till 9:30 till we got seated. Yikes but ok b.c we headed down to the oldest bar in the FQ. It had wood beams, a fire place, and candles everywhere. It was awesome! We had a few drinks and just chatted...it was so fun. Loved it. We headed back to restaurant. It was still crowded and we actually still weren't seated at 10!!!! I was about to eat my arm people! So I told DH that I had to do something. We decided I would go flirt with the waiter...hahahhaa. So I did! haha. Not really, but kinda. DH liked my magic! I went and stood on that side of the waiting area where there was a waiter and told him I had had a few drinks and needed some bread. (I mean it was 10 and I hadn't eaten since 11:45a.m. AND we had some drinks in our system. FOOD in my BELLY NOW!) haha. He then asks me how long we had been waiting and felt bad and snuck us in!!! Sorry other people waiting but this woman was a bit tipsy at this point b.c no food in system. I needed it soon!
We ended up having a delicious meal. It was the best atmosphere too! Sooo Italian! Having lived in Italy, any place like this restaurant makes me feel like I am back there. Boy do I miss it! On our way back to our hotel, we walked down Bourbon St. Interesting people at all times of the day. Of course you can't walk down Bourbon without some sort of experience and yes, I had mine. DH and I were just walking along and this woman pulled up her shirt and her BOOBS were IN MY FACE! My reaction: I SCREAMED! High pitch scared scream. hahaha. I really did. What a sicko! She was doing it to show the people up on balcony to get beads. I happened to walk by and BAMM! DH was laughing hysterically b.c of my shocked condition. I ended up laughing too. Gotta have humor!! Oh wait, forgot. Then as we walked away, I told DH that mine were better looking!! haha. He confirmed and burst out into laughter. That was the vino talking:)
So that was our V day dinner:) We then surprised my dad at bfast the next morning. I couldn't wait till dinner knowing that we were going to be walking around the FQ and so were they. It was driving me crazy. So I snuck into their restaurant where they were eating bfast and hugged his neck. He was sooooo happy! YAY! Surprise worked!
DH and I spent the day walking around the FQ listening to all the jazz music played by street performers. We also went through a few antique shops...Love that! That night we all had dinner at Daisy Bistro. Ladies, another fabulous must have meal if you go to Nola (New Orleans). It was perfect for the occasion. Dad was so very happy!!



Your dinner sounded great...good move with getting seated!! I cant believe you go flashed! Nuts! I hope your 2WW goes well and I will pray that HCG is kind to you!
ReplyDeleteWow! You must have some pretty powerful flirting skills!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great Valentine's Day, despite getting flashed!
I am CRACKING up thinking about your response when that lady flashed you!!! Hahaha!!
ReplyDeletePraying that this 2ww goes by quickly!!
Sounds like you had a fantastic time (minus the flashing- HA)! :) Praying for your 2WW!
ReplyDeleteThat post made me laugh so hard! Gotta love NOLA! Some of my favorite memories from my time living in Gulfport, MS were from all of the Mardi Gras festivities!! Oh man...I loved it!
ReplyDeleteTHROW ME SOMETHING,MISTER!
FUN! I've never been to NO. You make it sound wonderful! I'll have to make it down there soon!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Great post, I've never been to NOLA but always wanted to. Sounds like you had a awesome time!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh this is one of the best posts ever!!! hahaha!!! love it! the boobs thing cracked me up! I can't wait to go to Nola with you sometime!! :-D
ReplyDeleteOOO a BALL?!!!! I SO want to go to that!!! :) Can't wait to see pics - and I still want pics of you in that other dress, remember?! From the wedding?! You are so behind ;) haha. Love you!
I love double peaks! Have them often. Your blog is looking so beautiful. Wow!
ReplyDelete