Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Welcome spring:):)

Yesterday was P+16. Last cycle lasted till P+15 bc of the HCG shots so I knew to expect a long cycle. Except after P+15 this time, I actually started to get excited. The anxiety set in. I was totally fine throughout the 2ww...that was all God's grace. I didn't struggle through that...BUT then the devil started creeping in...that POS!


Yesterday I had a little pep in my step. I saw nor felt no signs of AF but sure enough 5 a.m. I go to the bathroom and booom...there it is. UGH. HATE. 


IT IS SO CRAZY HOW CRAZY MY MIND GETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I was fine until yesterday and then I had little glimmers of hope last night when getting ready for bed. I was thinking "two more days, no af = hope!!" 


So today was just blah. Well, my mood was at least. DH hung in there with me though. I woke up and had pretty bad cramps even after tylenol. I got in a hot bath and sat in there for about 30. That was at 5:30 a.m. DH was up too. I guess I woke him up but our alarm clocks in our heads just buzz and we can't sleep late. So after we ended up laying in bed watching a movie till 7:30 a.m. That's when the cramps worsened....and the back cramps too. Mis. Finally around 9:30 they faded.


Today it was 75!!! It was absolutely beautiful. The sky was sooo blue. I spent the morning shopping. In between shops mom and dad called and I lost it. When I hear their voices and I"m sad, the tears just flow. I was pretty upset/emotional for about 30 min. I guess it felt good to get it out. And my sweet parents are so comforting and encouraging. After my eyes dried up and the redness went away, I continued my day. Since AF came, I went and bought two new shirts and a new pair of sandals for spring! 


I came home and while DH washed/waxed his boat I laid out in the back yard and caught some vita D. My skin is so pale and I just want a bit a color. I bought 70 Neutrogena spray at CVS (I'm a freek about getting too much sun!) and dosed my body down. Then I spent a good amount of the afternoon on the blanket out back. It really was a great way to spend a CD 1 day.


DH and I then went to the store to get groceries for the week. (He knows that when I'm upset or sad, it makes me happy for him to be with me or else he would have loved to have stayed home to enjoy the weather outside playing on his boat). He then had a brilliant idea to go get 10lbs of crawfish (already spiced and boiled). We sat out on the back porch as it started to cool and enjoyed peeling the shells and eating our yummy crawfish and drinking a cold beer. (To you northerners/midwesterners...We say "crawfish" not "crayfish".) ha. 


Then tonight I tried to make spaghetti sauce (easy, right???) and it ended up tasting like CRAPOLA! Thank goodness we were full from the crawfish. I'm debating whether I should add spices or throw it out....that is how "not good" it is. I mean really. Who can't make spaghetti sauce from a darn recipe!!! My sister emailed it to me...maybe she left a few things out accidently...I'll pretend that that is the reason!! 


Contacts are drying out. DH and I are about to crawl into bed and watch tv. Tomorrow we have a busy day with mass then a Mardi Gras day party then parade. So off to brush my teeth I go....


Happy Mardi Gras friends:)

10 comments:

  1. Ugh sorry to hear about AF. :( Don't lose hope. How is the T3 working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. T3 is working great! Temp up to 98 finally!!! I'm set with the 15 dosage and it's all good. I'm not freezing my bippy off!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the one thing I hate about HCG! Argh!!!!

    I think that impending spring is going to help with our outlook -- or at least it better!

    p.s. We're going to the Dominican Republic for March Break. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had a rough day, but I'm still hopeful for you that you're getting closer to a BFP. Is this your 2nd cycle post surgery? Now that your T3 dose has been figured out, your body is healthy and happy and ready to incubate...right?;-)

    PS- I spent the morning shoveling the foot of snow we got last night. I'm not sure I like to read about your sunbathing outside. It makes me extremely jealous and I'm trying to work on not being jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid AF :( But yay spring! I'm soooo jealous of your weather! Sounds wonderful.

    We make a lot of Italian around our house so might I suggest sweetening it? That seems to help everything, right?! You can use good old sugar (1-2 tbsp) or carrots work if you're anti sugar. Give it a shot. You can always toss it if that doesn't work.

    And what a sweet hubbie you have to shop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for making the most of your AF day! It's always good to treat yourself when you're feeling down. Props to your DH for being with you the whole day too!

    And I'm sooo jealous of your weather! It's still too cold here to lay out. Hopefully soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that stupid AF showed up! And I'm especially sorry for those dern cramps you were experiencing! You're a tough woman though and I'm beyond proud of how you turned a day that had aassive chance of being filled with
    Crap, into a day that sounded awese!!

    Don't give up your sunshiny spirit- you are definitely an inspiration to me!!!

    Ps...I'm SOOOOO loving the gorgeous weather! Tha breeze and clear skies definitely help to lift one's spirits!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait I thought Mardi Gras was next week!!! I still have a week and a half till Lent starts, don't I?! I am NOT READY YET.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, that sounds like an awesome day. Minus the AF (I think I'm CD1 tomorrow, and I have, likewise, been allowing my imagination to run wild.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry, but I love how you look at the positives and keep going! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete