Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

PJ update and texting Dr. Hilgers

You have to read my post from last night for this to make sense. No plaid, but this will have to do for now. I think they are pretty cute and what makes it more fun, even though they aren't plaid, they have our names on them....haha...even more cheesier than my desire to have them!

So Negative Nancy is back in the house...haha. Not really, I'm in pretty good spirits but just having more issues with my incision. Did I tell you my incision was infected and Dr. H put me on antibiotics? Well, if not, there you go. The redness hadn't gone away really.  So yesterday I had a freak out session b.c I saw that my incision was open! ugh! Just a little bit, 1/2 inch but still. Annoying. I made sure to be cautious but then woke up this morning and it was filled with pus. (Side note, how do you say pus in the tense with a "y" without saying that word that I hate? Pusy? Sorry, I don't know but typed it out wrong and let out a little yelp when I realized it. haha) Anyway, I called Dr. H hotline and he called me back asking questions about my incision. That's when I said "Do you want me to take a picture with my phone?" He said, "Great idea. Never thought of that. I have never had a patient do that!" So for a good 5 minutes, Dr. H and I were texting back and forth! haha. Isn't that funny? I'm impressed with him. My dad would have no clue how to text correctly, much less open a picture!

So he told me to go an Urgent Care center and get it cultured and get on these other antibiotics.Well, they wouldn't accept me the UC b.c I had surgery recently. So they said I had to go to ER. Well, H E to the L L no! Excuse me (it's the pills) but I not want to go marching into the ER and have to wait 7 hours for this. So I thought...hmm? We have some Drs in the fam so I dialed up my SIL who is a plastic surgeon. She went out of her way said for us to meet her at her office. So, she cultured it and we took it to lab. Should get results back Mon or Tues. Now I am on 2 different other antibiotics and ditched the other one I was taking. 

After all that, I was pretty worn out and my tummy is so darn sore from this infection and from the surgery itself. Here I am going on almost 2 weeks and I didn't think I would still be sore like this. Of course, I am better but don't have that much stamina and my tummy is still very sore to touch...and it has this numbing feeling too. Weird. All is good though. No worries. My spirits are high. I am happy spending the weekend at my parents b.c dh is hunting:) Sweet boy. He hasn't yet hunted and next weekend we have a wedding, then the next is his mom's bday, then the next is Christmas...not to mention he has spent the past month being my nurse! So, I sent him on his way with our sweet doggy and dh's brother to go hunting ducks at the camp in Mississippi. Can't wait for duck gumbo! Anyway, my sister and her fam are staying at the parents house too b.c their house is being worked on. So, we are all watching Eat, Pray and Love tonight:) Fun movie night with the fam. LOVE these kind of nights! 

What do you think of the PJs I found? You want some now, don't ya? :) And those with kiddos, you can get them too!

7 comments:

  1. I love the pjs, good luck getting your dh to wear them, I couldn't coax mine into it I know :) Hope your incision starts healing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJs are cute. My DH will never go for it though. May be if we had childern. Sorry about the infection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well,I don't see my dh jumping for joy when I give them to him! haha. But, he already knows my funny holiday quirks and likes so he will wear them for me to make me happy. Happy wife, happy life! haha Who knows...they might be really comfortable. And, nobody is going to seem them but us...and maybe you if I can sneak a pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want a pic! My DH wouldn't wear them either. He would be too hot natured for the PJ top, anyway. But they are cute and look terribly comfortable and if it has his name on it, he has to wear it, right?!

    I'm so sorry about the incision. That would freak me out. Smart thinking on getting your SIL to culture it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! If your DH won't get matching jammies with you, I will!! Haha.

    Sorry your incision is infected. I'm sure that is uncomfortable and painful. :( Hopefully they can get you on some good metds and get it cleared up soon. That is too funny that you texted Dr. H!! :)

    PS I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! I love the pj's you picked! :) :) I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with infection. :( Praying for a swift healing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in agreeance with the other ladies-cute pjs but my dh would never wear them! But I'm sure if I convinced him long enough he might just do it!!

    And soo awesome about texting your doctor! Gotta love technology!!

    ReplyDelete