Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I've been hiding:)

Hey friends:) You know what's funny....when I start to slip out of my blogger world, I feel a void in my spiritual life. Is that crazy?? I feel as if I get distracted by the mundane things and don't focus as much on praying and thanking and listening, etc. Not to say that I don't do it at all (I pray often), I just feel as if it keeps me a float b.c I have a constant support group around me to encourage that. It's like when I went to college and grad school at St. Mary's and Notre Dame....I was surrounded by faith everywhere I went. Every turn there was a crucifix, a chapel, a statue, something to remind me of my faith. Then I go out into the real world and it is a slap in the face to realize...Whoa...I have to work at this a bit more!

What's new...well today is week three mark. I am moving around good. I can finally sleep on my side!! I can bend over and turn and get in and out of car more easily. Everything is going swell since incision healed again. I do have to work on my energy and laziness. Ha. My attitude is happy. I actually am excited to start ttc. I am still a bit nervous about what is in store and the waiting, etc, but I can't let that get to my head so I am stopping that thought now! My tummy still looks pregnant but the swelling has gone down a little, but not as much as I hoped. I know it will though...right:)

Dr. update: Last post I went ot meet a new Dr. here in town. We wanted to find an OB/GYN that was willing to work with Dr. Hilgers and understand that he is first. So we sat there and I talked for about 30 minutes explaining start to finish everything about my body, my experience, my journey....As I finished talking, I knew he was going to say that he couldn't work with us, that it was too much for him and that he was going to have to refer us to someone else. Howeverrrrrr, he didn't!!! He backed us 100%! He said he was impressed with our knowledge, that he was honored that we chose him, and that he would do everything he could to work with Dr. H in getting us a baby. WHAT!!! So elated, we left and went home. At about 8:00 that night, my phone rings. Unknown number. Answer and it is my DR calling to tell me he just got off the phone with Dr. H and that they held great conversation about my issues and that we are "all in the same movie theater"!!!!! WHAT!!! Y'all, I started crying on the phone with him. I couldn't hold it back. I told him I was so overwhelmed with joy that he would go out of his way to do this, not to mention to do this right after our appointment and follow through with calling me that same night. IMPRESSIVE! I ended up writing him a nice thank you note too expressing that appreciation. I hope he knows how much it meant to me:) So this boosted my faith even more. I felt God again, in every part of it.

And last: My Christmas tree that I finally finished:)


I hope you all are doing well. I am catching up on all your blogs this evening and tomorrow. Prayer partner: I am praying for you still:) No worries!

15 comments:

  1. This is so great! Now you have your doctor team assembled. :) Praying you get pregnant soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! This is fantastic! God is good...all the time! And, your tree looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! Glad you are doing well. Love the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one impressive tree. I'm afraid that if I put even one ornament on mine, it will shed what's left of its needles...I shouldn't have let me DH talk me into walking off the lot with it without un-baling it and examining it carefully.

    I'm glad to hear you're healing well. The pregnant tummy is so frustrating but it goes away before you know it. Have you tried that belly-band thing? Not for everyone, I'm sure, but it helped me to be less sore, and wear pants without the waistband chafing my stomach.

    The doctor: wow. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is HUGE, about your doctor!! What a gem!! Amazing!! And, I am glad you wrote him a nice note.... Doctors need encouragement. :)

    Your tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy about the doctor! :)

    And your tree is beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! How AMAZING! He sounds like a wonderful doctor!!! So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my GOSH!!!! That doctor story gave me so much hope!!! And so much joy for you! How WONDERFUL! I knew he was great, but that whole part about him and Dr H calling I didn't know and WOW!!!!!!...
    Also, WOW about your tree, it looks amazing, woman! Whoop! Love it! Love you all, Merry Christmas...oh and your blog looks great with the ornaments, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT?!?!?!?! YOU DIDN"T TELL ME THAT PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow. I may be switching doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news about the doctor and your tree looks awesome! I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that doctor!!! you have a great guardian angel or prayer buddy that helped you find him =)

    Great that both of them spoke and you will get the very best from both.

    Love your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tree and so glad the local doc seems so great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tree, beautiful! I am so happy that you found a good dr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to let you know that you have been on my heart lately, so I have been lifting you up in prayer!
    I am so excited to see what this next year holds for you and your husband! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete