Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One of those days...

So yesterday was one of those days. I had HORRIBLE cramps and was pretty moody for all my students. And with them being teenagers, they understood that there aren't many bad days for me so when one comes around, they know to act on their very best....haha...don't mess with me when I am cramping! I ended up canceling my meetings after school and even canceled my workout. I went straight home, took a hot bath (love!) and handled my cramping the best way I knew how. Gosh I can't wait to get this crap sorted!

So I ended up taking a nap on the couch. Dh woke me up sweetly...love him:) and began cooking us dinner. Usually I try to make dinner since he works late but sweetly he just took it into his own hands. It's rare that I have bad days so when I do, he knows just how to treat me...thank goodness!

And then the tears came...oh goodness....it was like a waterfall. I received a picture text of my new little cousin and although I was so happy for them, I all of a sudden realized "Wow, it's gonna be a while before I have one of those..." And immediately, I started bawling! Awe, it was so sad looking back. It was uncontrollable. So dh just rubbed my back and I just let it all out. Poor thing, I know he wants one just as bad. Seeing the tears in his eyes makes me ache 10x more.

I trust in the Lord's hands. I know that I wasn't given this passion to adore children not to have any myself. It's just the patience of it all. The waiting on the Lord's plan. GOSH that is so hard to do! I have read many of your blogs and have read your sad times too. That has helped me a lot. I realize that I will have my hard days and I will have my good days. Lately I have had more good than bad, thank goodness. I'm a pretty positive person, so my bad days are few. But it's the not knowing what lies ahead that scares me. I have my visit in Omaha next week....I am so excited...yet anxious too. BUT, what I am really nervous about isn't the surgery or the diagnosis, it's the after part. I am not looking forward to those months where I wait wait wait and then the damn period comes....UGH! Over the past 6 months we have been abstaining....that actually has been easier than I thought. It really hasn't been bad at all. I knew I couldn't get pregnant so I was actually looking forward to getting my periods because that helped pass the time with getting to Omaha. It's the waiting on the damn period and it coming that stinks. It's the late period, the excitement, then the let down of the period coming a few days late. Allllll that drama that comes along with trying and then it not working is what I am not looking foward to. But like my mom says, "Don't put the horse in front of the cart....you never know what God has in store so there is no need in worrying. Worrying only changes the worrier."

I know you all have experienced or are experiencing this as we speak....or maybe even for months or years. It doesn't make me feel better that you all have to go through this too. But, it does comfort me to know that I have my bloggers out there praying with me and for me. So thank you bloggers for adding more trust to my life...more understanding...more light...more knowledge....more appreciation....all that stuff you have brought to my life....thanks:)

P.S. Today is a better day:) At least I always know there are better days ahead right!

P.P.S. Oh and for any of you bloggers who are curious about PPVI or Dr. H and haven't experienced it before or if you have anything you want me to address in my blog while I am out there, ask/tell away. I plan on writing about my experience out there but if there is anything specific you want to know, let me know and I can hopefully include that in my blog for the upcoming weeks at PPVI.  The reason I say this is because I had hundreds of questions and a lot of them were answered by those bloggers who have had the experience and I am so thankful for that. So if I can be of any help, let me know:)

11 comments:

  1. I know it isn't the same for every woman but I wanted to give you hope that it may not take long after your trip to Omaha. Once they fixed my issues I was able to get pregnant 3 cycles after my trip! Know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you. Your time could be closer than you realize! It helped me to pray to Our Lady and beg her to intercede on our behalf. Just thought you would want to know that it is possible very soon, if it is His will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, keep the hope alive! You are doing the right thing by going to Omaha. Can't wait to see how it all pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me only 4 cycles after my surgery to get pregnant. Obviously, there's no guarantee, but your chances will be greatly improved and often very soon after. Praying for you and sorry to hear about the cramps and yucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also go to a Napro Dr. and have been told to hold off TTC until my hormonal issues are corrected. I am also anxious about the future when we start to actually TTC. I do not look forward to the waiting and possible disappointment.
    Sorry you had such a crampy day. I am going through the same here and in PMS land before my AF shows up in a few days.
    Praying for you that all works out in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah and blondes, this gives me great hope!!!!! Pray for me:) hugs girlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have been having a rough time lately. Thank goodness it sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful people you love and support you. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today.
    You are in my prayers, and I am excited to hear your updates about your trip to Omaha. Dr. H is doing such a amazing work, and the word needs to get out in every way possible!!! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. I have never even heard of NaPro before. What is it. I googled it but didn't find much... just that it was "like" normal charting, but not "interchangeable." Which didn't tell me much. Would love to know more about it. I'm willing to try just about anything to get a bun in the oven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband is a doll. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I think of myself as sturdy, but on a day with cramps or ovarian pain, I feel like I'm 80! I guess it's good practice :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the girls above, it might not take long....Damn endo! Surgery, hormones, and tweak that busted thyroid and you should be good to go! ;) I got pregnant 8 months after my surgery but didn't really start on hormones until 3-4 month mark....But my first cycle on HCG and bam I was pregnant....So you just have to find the sweet spot. :)

    I have hope for you! ;) Get that thyroid checked! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking about you and hoping that your trip to Omaha goes well! I am sorry for the painful cramps, but hopefully those are it for EVER! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coco...nice to meet u! Welcome:) You ladies rock!! Oh and sew, I got my thyroid results back and .he is putting me on T3....ill know more tomorrow but I know ill be starting that soon. Misfit...I feel ya. Hoping to fix this! Joy, hugs and I'm still praying although I've been out of touch. Hugs around all your necks!

    ReplyDelete