Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Omaha: Recovery symptoms

Good morning:) First of all, sorry I had to put my blog on private. I'm so mad at myself. I cut and pasted yesterday's post and send it to a list of friends, including some teacher friends and my boss. Well my DA didn't realize that if I attached the title to my post, they could just click on it and go to my blog. HOW ANNOYING! I was very preterbed. There is something about having a blog and not having to hold back on anything you say. I don't want my boss knowing my bowl movements! haha. So, I had to make it private...now it's back public after a few days because I realized how much I missed my feedback from my blogger ladies! haha

Friday: Day Three Each day is getting better. Stomach is still very sore but a lot of the gas has gone away. The gas, to me, is one of the most difficult things. I couldn't even lay down in bed last night without crying because the stupid gas just wouldn't come out!! I just wanted dh to poke me with a pin and pop me but obviously that's not possible. Warning tmi: With the anesthesia, this puts all your body parts to sleep so it takes time to wake those suckers up! I haven't been able to go #2, which has also been annoying and probably contributes to the irritable gas issues. This morning I finally got to feeling a bit better with that. (Sorry, I just want to be honest with those who are curious about this surgery). Another tmi: it is so difficult to go #1. It comes out in little bits but not a constant flow. I swear it takes me 5 minutes just to go #1, but it is getting better. My throat is sore from the tube. I was told my throat was going to be dry and that is very true. Cough drops help that. My tongue is also sore and I'm guessing that is from where the tube was resting...it feels kinda swollen but that is getting better too. I know this all probably sounds worse than it is, but these are def true symptoms. And last but not least, you def look pregnant after all this. My stomach is swollen from the gas and I look like I'm probably 5 months pregnant. ha. Yesterday Dh and I tried to get out and walk around Old Market in hopes to get that gas flowing and I think it was too soon for me to get up and walk b.c when we got home, I was in tears from being so sore and my stomach looked 9 months pregnant. Today we are not going to do much walking! Each morning, except for Wed, we have been going to do my ovulation series where they are doing the ultrasound to observe my follicle and it's progression towards ovulation. So we are about to go do that now.

Sunday: This weekend I am finally feeling better walking around. My body feels as if it is finally getting back to normal...except the bathroom issue....I swear that if tomorrow comes and I am still having issues with not being able to go #2, I'm going to scream. I've done everything from drink water, to take vitamins, to eat iber cereal, to walk around, etc. EVERYTHING! UGH!

Each morning we have been going to PPVI to observe ovulation through the ultrasound series. My follicle has increased by .2 each day. Yesterday it was at 1.8, today it was at 1.99. I'm hoping that tomorrow it will burst and Tuesday it will be gone so that I can go home early!!! I'm really homesick now. Yesterday was a really hard day. DH had to fly home and y'all, I swear it was as if I wasn't going to see him for months. I was crying and crying. Momma came in on the flight Dh was leaving on so it was nice to have family still around. Yesterday mom and I went to mass and I couldn't even make it through the mass. I was so emotional. I couldn't stop crying. I have all sorts of emotions running through my mind. Up to this point I feel as if my faith was pretty strong....now it's being tested and I'm not doing so well with fighting that. I was in the dumps yesterday. I have these thoughts about the future and the whatifs are just killing me. Thank goodness today is better. Mom seems to think that three days after surgery your adrenaline system drops after being so high during my stress of the surgery so my emotions just went wack!

We are about to head out for mass at St. Cecilla's Cathedral here in Omaha. It looks like a beautiful church so I'm anxious to go. Let's hope my emotions stay stable! ha. I'm excited about my day tomorrow because I get to finally meet Hebrews and she is bringing along Screllos!!! Yay! I need to catch up on Screllos today so I know who she is, haha, but either way, I can't wait to finally meet some bloggers:):):)

15 comments:

  1. Post surgery #2 blockage is the WORST! Hope you are feeling better.

    You don't have to if you are already signed in on your account. I go ahead and do that b/c there are 5 private blogs I read so I just click on them. If not, you do have to sign in each time.

    Also, your updates won't show up on reader or people's blogroll. It stinks, but I know why you need to be private for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you that are starting to feel better! I have been lifting you up in my prayers daily. Thanks for being so honest and candid with your thoughts and experiences! Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, thanks:) Marcie, glad you appreciate my honesty. I sure do appreciate your prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoot. I deleted my whole comment.
    Did anyone go with you to your appointment, or were you alone? I saw someone who may have been you and thought "I wonder if that's a blogger" -this particular person was alone... I did see someone with what looked like her mom and husband, but it sounds like your mom was in right when your husband left, so that wouldn't have been you I'm guessing... But yeah, when I saw the girl by herself, I thought "I wonder if that's a blogger. OH MY GOSH, it could be Awaiting a child of God! (yes, I call everyone by blog names, even Brenda who I've met lol)" but decided it'd be best not to run up and say "HEY DO YOU BLOG?!" haha. ;)

    Maybe you saw my other blog post, which prob made me sound like an idiot. :-/ lol. I meant to copy and past parts of it and repost-oops

    Can't wait to meet you! Let me know if you need anything before tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I looked on here for your email address so I could send you my phone number but I can't find it! Either email it to me or write back if you can :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary! I was there dressed in all black, haha...sounds like I was in mourning! My hub was with me but he was looking at pictures on the other side of the room. You will see me tomorrow! Email spunkybw@gmail.com I'm going to have to put that on my blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took a week for me to go #2! I wondered what was up as well. :) glad your surgery went well ... I had my laparoscopy in early August ... With a laporotomy at the end of Sept at PPVI. They do great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the comments! : ) I'm glad you are finally beginning to feel better. Sounds like the recovery from the laparoscopy has been more difficult than expected.

    As for your question about the wheelchair... I guess that depends upon how you feel. As you read, I was released from the hospital late Friday afternoon. Walking was no problem and, as it was all I was allowed to do, I walked as often as I could. In fact, I actually walked out of the hospital!

    Walking was the key to waking up all that had been anesthesized (let's say) and I'm sure helped speed my recovery when I arrived home. I was SOOOO afraid of #2, especially as Endo had to be removed by hand (laser was too dangerous) from a difficult place that was close to that area. To my amazement, I had NO PROBLEMS. Thank God!

    Oh... There is something else that helped my recovery considerably. If you have problems with the gas that rises to your chest, take a heating pad and lay it on your chest. My mom actually found what looked and felt like a stuffed animal, but was actually a scented, heating pad! The nurses warmed it up and it felt AWESOME! Slept like a baby...

    I know there was something else, but I seem to be drawing a blank at the moment. Anyway, take care and know that I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the gas pain is the worst part too (the gas bubbles in my shoulders from the abdominal inflation stuck around for days and kept me from sleeping). With respect to the pregnant tummy/difficulty walking - I got one of those belly-support elastic bands you can buy at the drugstore, and it really helped, both just to walk around right after surgery, and to be able to wear pants without chafing the incision and to increase my stamina after surgery. (But I went back to work seven days after surgery, and if you can be home for two weeks, that would definitely be better.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with misfit that the shoulder/ gas pain is the worst part of it all. In my case using cold compreses helped me a lot in my 2 laps with inflammation and the pain. I also had the emotions a few days after, I think its normal after the operation when you are just so stressed. Praying for you and the next steps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda, do you have a blog? Nice to meet you!

    Alive in Hope: Thanks for suggestions. Question: Will I have gas issues with my next surgery?? Do they use gas since they are doing the big incision???

    Misfit: Mom and I are going to Target today to get one of those bands...great idea!

    Hugs to you ladies:)

    Martha: I used the cold compress too...the hospital gave me one. That helped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I don't have a blog ... I enjoy reading everyones, though. I don't think my life is too exciting! :) it's so nice to see all the help / answers everyone gives out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FYI when we were at dinner and you mentioned your ectopic pregnancy, I KNEW about that, I had read about it here, but forgot!!! Duurrr!

    So good to meet you. Now I am finally going to bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda: Ok, sounds good. Glad to have you on board:)

    Mary: No worries, silly!

    ReplyDelete