Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Friday, September 10, 2010

It's my birthday!!

So today I am so very thankful for the gift of life! My day started out just right. I go running three days a week with my friend at 5:15 in the morning. And even though it is hard to get out of bed that early, once I get it done, it's actually quite a peaceful run...if that is possible! ha. After my run I came home and Dh cooked a yummy breakfast for me....eggs w/ ham and cheese grits!! LOVE CHEESE GRITS! After I finished eating I looked over at DH and he had this big smile on his face...it was finnnallly time to give me my bday present. He had been waiting and waiting (he is not very patient when it comes to surprises) and now the time was finally here. He looked like a little kid in a candy store, he was so excited to give me my gift.

I GOT DIAMOND EARRINGS!! 

Y'all, I was totally not expecting this type of gift!! I told dh that all I wanted was a sweet love note. And to be honest, I would have been totally satisfied with that too. I love love notes:) But after this past year, being one of the most difficult in certain realms of my life, he thought to make this bday extra special. But my cute husband wanted to give me something special that I could pass down to my own children. I immediately started crying. See, my engagement ring was his grandmother's ring, so he never had to go out and buy my engagement ring so he was sooo excited to give me this. It was almost like a second proposal. I'm still beaming:) Then of course he told me not to expect this type of present every bday! haha.

Tonight we are driving up to Birmingham to have dinner with my brother and sister in law and dh's brother and his girlfriend. I'm super excited. We are eating at Little Savannah, which is supposedly a fabulous little intimate restaurant with kick booty food! Tomorrow we then head to Tuscaloosa for the Penn State v. Alabama game!!! I am a total female football junky and am soooo excited about this game. I love Joe Pa but that doesn't mean I want them to win:)

And finally, I wanted to share a special thought with you. I went to mass this morning with my students. Of course, I praised the Lord for the gift of life but I also praised him for the gift of y'all in my life. I swear to you that I have become a better person through blogging. IS THAT NOT A CRAZY COMMENT! hahha. I'm laughing writing it! But honestly, I am daily surrounded my such wonderful women who have such trust in our Loving Lord and I have truly grown deeper in my faith because of you. So, thank you so much ladies for the positive impact you have had and are having on my life. I am so thankful for this day and I am so thankful for you!!!

HUGS and LOVES and have a wonderful weekend:) Oh and I will be sure to have a glass or two of vino for you preggers ladies who can't have one for me!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!! I am thankful for your life as well! I hope you have a great birthday!!!! God Bless! (and yes, I noticed that I used a lot of exclamation points, but you are worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful gift from your DH! So sweet, and I don't blame you for crying!
    I hope your dinner was fabulous, and enjoy the game! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday!!! What a beautiful gift from your hubby. Post a pic! Have a great weekend and enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! You deserve an absolutely fabulous day (sounds like you got the fabulous present already)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, I hope your day was wonderful! AND you make us bloggers better people too!

    Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry this is late!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! Yay for the earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Aww your dh is so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I missed it...So sorry, but hope your bday was wonderful and special :)

    ReplyDelete