Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Monday, July 16, 2012

For you!

Before I go on, please know that this below can even be for those who do not yet have children. I pray that you will one day, and you can begin praying this for them. For we know that God has a plan for you. I remember praying for my husband before I even met him.

So this is one of the most special gifts that I have ever been given so I wanted to pass the gift along to you. It was given to me with a scripture verse on each day of the calendar. Since I can't do it post it on a calendar, ill post in numerical order and you can either print it out or transfer it to a calendar yourself. This is a calendar of daily scripture verses for you to pray for your child. It goes from 1-30 so you just start over at the beginning of each month.

1. SALVATION: Lord, let salvation spring up within my children that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. (Isaiah 45:8, 2Timothy 2:10)
2. GROWTH IN GRACE: I pray that they may "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:10)
3. LOVE: Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love through the Spirit who dwells in them. (Ephesians 5:2, Galatians 5:22)
4. HONESTY and INTEGRITY: May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection. (Psalm 25:21)
5. SELF-CONTROL: Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be "alert and self-controlled" in all they do. (1Thessalonians 5:6)
6. A LOVE FOR GOD'S WORD: May my children grow to find Your Word "more precious than gold, than much pure gold;and sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb." (Psalm 19:10)
7. JUSTICE: God, help my children to love justice as You do and to "act justly" in all they do. (Psalm 11:7, Micah 6:8)
8. MERCY: May my children always be "merciful, as their Father is merciful." (Luke 6:36)
9. RESPECT (FOR SELF, OTHERS, and AUTHORITY): Father, grant that my children "show proper respect to everyone," as your Word commands. (1 Peter 2:17)
10. STRONG, BIBLICAL SELF-ESTEEM: Helo my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are "God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus.". (Ephesians 2:10)
11. FAITHFULNESS: "Let love and faithfulness never leave my children," but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablets of their hearts. (Proverbs 3:3)
12. A PASSION FOR GOD: Lord, please instill in my children a soul with a craving for You, a heart that clings passionately to You. (Psalm 63:8)
13. RESPONSIBILITY: Grant that my children may learn responsibility, "for each one should carry his own load." (Galatians 6:5)
14. KINDNESS: Lord, may my children "always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. (1 Thessalonians 5:15)
15. GENEROSITY: Grant that my children may "be generous and willing to share and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age. (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
16. PEACE: Father, let my children "make every effort to do what leads to peace." (Romans 14: 19)
17. HOPE: May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
18. PERSEVERANCE: Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to "run with perseverance the race marked out for them." (Hebrews 12:1)
19. HUMILITY: Lord, please cultivate in my children the ability to "show true humility toward all." (Titus 3:2)
20. COMPASSION: Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion. (Colossians 3:12)
21. PRAYERFULNESS: Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to "pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kind of prayers and requests." (Ephesians 6:10)
22. CONTENTMENT: Father, teach my children "the secret of being content in any and every situation...through him who gives strength." (Philippians 4:12-13)
23: FAITH: I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children's hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them. (Luke 17:5-6, Hebrews 11:1-40)
24. A SERVANT HEART: Lord, please help my children develop servant hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly "as if they were serving the Lord, not men." (Ephesians 6:7)
25. PURITY: "Create in them a pure heart, O God", and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions. (Psalms 51:10)
26. A WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO WORK HARD: Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work hard at everything they do, "as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23)
27. SELF-DISCIPLINE: Father, I pray that my children may develop self-discipline, that they may acquire "a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair." (Proverbs 1:3)
28. A HEART FOR MISSIONS: Lord, please help my children to develop a heart for mission, a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all people's. (Psalms 96:3)
29: JOY: May my children be filled "with the joy given by the Holy Spirit." (1 Thessalonians 1:6)
30. COURAGE: May my children always "be strong and courageous" in their character and in their actions. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

I hope you enjoy and use this daily:))

Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. So, so cool!! Thanks for posting this. I'm going to print it out for sure. Just curious...did someone make this calendar for you or buy it? I'd love to see a picture if it was homemade or the name if it was purchased. (I'm thinking future baby gifts!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was homemade:) it was a blank calendar with the verses in individual squares on calendar:)

      Delete
  2. Complete awesomeness! Thanks a lot...I will absolutely pray this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is neat, thanks for sharing! I bookmarked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm printing this now to start praying for Advent! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete