Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Catching up on my new life/ideas

Just a little catching up!! I'll just start with 6 things.


1) Ok so the idea of cloth diapering was humorous to me back in the day. Little did I know that my life would lead me to a whole new world of friends (you) and new fabulous ideas! One of which is cloth diapering. I must say that it was Kaitlyn (More like Mary..) that helped me jump start into this new world. It was a bit intimidating at first...the idea. But once I got started, I loved it!!! Now I'm a pro:) and trying to encourage my friends to do the same...yet they think I'm crazy! They are missing out!


2)I'm going to call the baby Spunky:)in the blog world and the name fits him perfectly! Good idea, Brenda:)


3) Baby Whisperer: Ok so I know that alot of you will be against this but that's ok. Just don't kick me to the curb! ha and remember....That's why there is chocolate and vanilla...like my dh says. We all are different:) I have 4 sisters that have all used this book/method of raising their kids so I am very comfortable with it and have really enjoyed it. It is not BabyWise...the cry it out method. It's opposite. I have used this for Spunky and really really like it. Dh and I are very structured/routine like people so this method is great for us. Now keep in mind, I understand that you can't force a baby, nor do you want to force them, to do what you want. I do keep that in mind so don't worry. Spunky works soooo well on a schedule/routine. It's like he knows whats coming by my cues. The child LOVES to go to sleep too! Hr sleeps from 7 to 7 and then takes two 1.5 hr naps a day! I wish I could sleep like him! Like anxious to get in crib and sleep. ha! Have any of you read this book or do something like this? Curious. And for those that don't know, it's more than a book about sleeping. The Solves All Your Problems one really is helpful in sooo many different areas....ESP for new moms.


4) Breastfeeding: LOVE IT! IM A COW!!! (thank the Lord!)


5) Spunky is teething:( so sad to hear him whimper. Hate giving him meds but come middle of the night, it's necessary. Daytime, it's much better bc I can distract him with teething things, ESP the mesh teeter thing that you can put frozen fruit in...he loveeessss it!!! Life saver!!! And very useful too for walks in this heat!!


6) I can't remembered if I mentioned it or not previously but I'm retired from teaching for now. Love love love teaching and loved my job but fortunately I was able to quit to be at home with Spunky.


Ttfn! Off to catch up on you bloggers:)

10 comments:

  1. When I read your last post on my link I was like WHO IS THIS??? LOL

    Then I remembered! hahahaha

    We are opposite with cloth diapering. I LOVED it at first then I despised it when the kid started solids. Its all I needed and hubs said to me, I will pay for diapers, I can't do this! hahahaha I had to agree! Sloshing off pudding poop is not my cup of tea! hahaha You make it sound so lovely! hahahaha

    Babywise is ridiculous! Though I do let my babies CIO, baby wise is too much.

    Yes, thank the cow you moo! I didn't! hahahaha :)

    Do you put baby spunky in smocked clothing? LMBO! You southern girl, I know you do!!!! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought I'd have a hard time w the poo but now that he is on solids as well as breast, it's a bit easier bc it's more solid and not as gooey.

      Baby whisperer not baby wise woman!!

      And yes, you would crack up if you saw his closet. Dh's mom makes us tons of clothes too! What would you do if you had my MIL....you would die! Hahaha bc you would have to use them. He even wears little boy aprons...do you even know what those are? I didn't until I had a boy and started getting gifts/clothes from others.

      Delete
  2. We are going to start cloth diapering full time soon...wish me luck! When did Spunky start to get on a schedule? C is almost 2 months and it's still random, all day every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I put him on the schedule. That's the difference between on demand and baby whisperer. I right away started feeding him every 3 hrs during the day and then a dream feed at 10 and by 7 weeks he was sleeping through the night. He has been sleeping through the night pretty much ever since....until now bc he is teething:((

      Delete
  3. Yay! So glad the diapers are going well. I don't hate Baby Whisperer, but I have heard some moms have a hard time keeping up their supply when using her method-especially into the later months. Just make sure you're willing to feed more often or add a couple of extra feedings now and then if he wants it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry...been there and done that:) ESP during growth spurt times....he was wanting every minute it seemed but that helped build my supply too. Thanks for caring:) and thanks for your advice!

      Delete
  4. Isabella loved schedules, but Isaiah is 9 months and still so random. I HATE baby wise and have never read Baby Whisperer. I follow Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and love it. But, you can't force a baby to sleep when you want them to so I have just learned to make sleep available (quiet dark room in a crib) at scheduled times and they sleep (or play) during that quiet time. Helps me not stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! Blogging is so great to get out all the thoughts, get advice, and a fun little hobby....sounds silly, but true! What a darling boy...so cute and I love his blog name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are back!!! I have missed reading about your little one and about you and your DH! What is a boy apron? I have never heard of that. And what is a smocked outfit, I will have to look that up...is that a Southern thing? :) Elizabeth sleeps great - on us or with us that is. I can't figure it out though...she sleeps in a crib at daycare, but when she is around us, her preferred sleeping positions are napping on one of us or in the car seat (if we had gone somewhere and she fell asleep in the car - a very common occurrence) and will stay sleeping in the car seat for awhile. At night, she slept in her bassinet until she was 4 months - no problem at all (in our room), but one night I brought her into bed with me, I think she was fussier than normal or something...anyway...you can see where that landed us...yep, she sleeps in our bed every night. She still sleeps through the night and typically it is 9pm - 7am and even last night when we were staying at a relatives house she slept from 10pm - 8am. But I do worry about having her in bed with us. I always make sure she is sleeping on my arm that way, I won't accidentally roll over on her (or my husband), but still I want to get her back to sleeping in the bassinet. Anyway, I am just rambling....everyone has their particular sleep issues, huh?

    Glad to see you around again and I hope to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend:) I'll be sure to post some pics of Southern clothing for y'all and ESP for Sew so she can have a laugh! Ha

      Spunky slept in bassinet in our room for the first 3 months then we had to make switch to crib bc he was wiggling around and rolling over (swaddled) so we had to break the swaddle too. Made me so nervous to have him rolling over swaddled so I ended that. I started by putting him in crib for naps for a few days to get him used of it. Then I made night switch to crib and he was used to it. I couldn't do the whole cosleep thing....our bed is small, I worried too much about my dh rolling over on him bc dh moves so much, and I couldn't get a restful sleep bc I would constantly worry about smushing him. With you having a baby soon:)))) if you need help/advice moving her to a crib, let me know. Not that I'm a pro but I have good ideas from my sisters and from the baby whisperer book. Oh and when we moved him to crib in his nursery, I didn't want to be far (it's upstairs) so we moved up to the guest bedroom next to nursery until last Sunday. Ha. He of course didn't know if we were downstairs or not but it made me feel better being closer. We just moved back downstairs bc dh was tired of not sleeping well w the guest bedroom mattress. The first night was hard for me, but now I'm used to it. Good to chat!

      Delete