Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Great points on suffering/A little setback/Smiles

Friends, all 48 of you who commented (WOW), thank you soooo much for your love and support. I praise God for you daily...I mean that so much. I hope you know that. Also, I have to say this b.c it has been on my heart. I hope my announcement didn't hurt anyones feelings yesterday. Instead, I pray that it brought you hope. Please know, my sweet IF girls, that I am constantly drawn to God through all of you. I will continue to pray for each of you and your struggles. I pray so much for you who are struggling with IF and I want more than anything for your happiness. Don't think for one minute that you are out of my heart or mind:) I LOVE YOU WOMEN!


I have really been thinking a lot about this journey through infertility and I truly believe that God needed me and dh closer to him in ways we weren't before. So, He showed us this through suffering....drawing us closer to him through our own sufferings. And it worked. I have grown more in spiritual life these past two years than I have in my whole life. Speaking of suffering, it just so happens that on the day DH and I found out we were pregnant, we had already planned to go to Theology on Tap to hear a speaker on suffering. She had 5 reasons she thought as to why we suffered. Three of those really hit me hard.
1) Suffering unleashes love: When people around us suffer, we suffer. We pour out as much love upon them as possible. Suffering helps us grow more in the appreciation of the love that surrounds us. SO TRUE!
2) Suffering helps us be a witness to others: Y'all is this true or what! If it weren't for my suffering, I would have never discovered Y'ALL.  If it weren't each others suffering, we wouldn't be able to understand each other's sufferings. We sure as heck wouldn't be as strong as we all have become. Thing of how much our witnessing to each other has been a positive impact on our lives. This fact honestly makes me appreciate suffering. 
I started crying in the middle of her talk on this. My suffering is still there. IF will always be
 apart of me. It is part of who I am and but it never defined me. It actually helped me become a better person. Crazy thing...suffering brought me one of God's greatest gifts to me....an angel in heaven:)

3) Suffering helps us to grow in our spiritual life: This pretty much speaks for itself. We have all hit rock bottom...so much that the only thing, THE ONLY THING, that kept us going was our faith in God and His will..


I just wanted to share that with y'all b.c the whole time I was listening to her speak, I was wishing y'all were there listening too:) Speaking of suffering, I suffered a bit last night. I'm ok now, no worries but it was a hellasish night! At about 10 pm I started throwing up. YUCK! Hate throwing up. I would rather have surgery again and have to recover for 10 wks than have a night of throwing up. NO LIE! Well the throwing up wouldn't stop. It went on every 15-20 minutes. No big breaks in between. It was one after the other. By about 11:30 it was all bile...stomach lining. HORRIBLE! I decided I had enough. Nothing was working. Sucking on ice cubes, eating bread, nothing! I called PPVI emergency line. Especially with having found out I was pregggers, I didn't want to mess around with dehydration or harming my sweet little grain of couscous (it's probably smaller than that! ha). Dr. called me back and told me ER, IV, MEDs. I waited to see if maybe I would stop. Nope. Three more times. So off we went. Got to ER at 12:30 and was there till 4. Luckily I was one of the only people in the ER....I got in quick! They put me on an IV drip and gave me nausea meds that thankfully worked. I obviously didn't go into work today. I'm resting up and feeling ok. What the heck was it? Either chicken which I ate for dinner (but so did DH) or a bug? Who knows. I am still a little blah with weakness, gas and my throat has been eaten by acid but I'm doing much better than last night. Just gonna take it easy. 


Dh and I found out we were pregnant on St. Gerard's birthday and PPVI and I guesstimated my birthday to be Dec 12th which is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadeloupe!! Talk about wow here. I was reading a post earlier by this lady friend and she mentioned St. Gerard and Our Lady together and it just struck me how amazing it was that my news went along with these days. WOW! I'm still in WOW mode and probably will be from what you others say about not even believing it when your holding your baby.

Our first ultrasound is scheduled for April 28th:):):):) Now the last time we went for an ultrasound, we had a horrible experience. I don't want to go back thinking about that day. SOOO I am trying my best to be positive. Honestly though, I feel soooo good about this one. I didn't with the first one. I didn't feel right doing the IUI and I didn't feel right about the pregnancy. This one...FEELS SO RIGHT! THANK YOU LORD FOR DR. HILGERS AND NAPRO!!!!  Supposedly I'm about 5 weeks.  We leave for NAPA  April 21st (YES I PLANNED A TRIP TO NAPA AND SAN FRAN...PERFECT TIMING HUH!! Actually I would rather be pregnant any day over a trip. I'm just gonna be a true wine taster and taste and spit it out! haha). The nurse at PPVI was a bit worried about me having the ultrasound too early and maybe not hearing a heartbeat yet so we decided the day after our trip would be best.  What an exciting month ahead:):)


I'll quit blabbing now. Just wanted to catch you all up:) Now I am off to meet these new blogger friends who posted on my last post. Thank you so much and I really look forward to meeting your blogs:) OH AND PRAYER BUDDY, I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AT DAILY MASS EVERY DAY! HOPE YOU ARE FEELING IT. AND FOR THE PRAYER BUDDY WHO IS PRAYING FOR ME, YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF POWERFUL PRAYERS FRIEND:):) KEEP IT UP! 


LOVE YOU LADIES:)

15 comments:

  1. So sorry you were sick! That really stinks. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the points on suffering. I too have been suffering lately and need to be reminded daily about God's love for me...through suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awaiting, I am inspired by your news. I am so happy for you- please keep us updated!!

    I feel ya with the whole vommiting thing. I HATE it! I dread it~ Sorry you were so sick, it was smart to call the Er line! Glad you are feeling better.

    Love the sufferring comments. I agree with you. I was talking about this a bit with DH this am. That perhaps God is preparing us to love more, witness more, forgive more; by sufferring more. (hope that makes sense).

    God Bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you were so violently ill. Not fun at all. I also absolutely hate throwing up. Hoping you're on the mend and whatever it was doesn't strike again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks that you were so sick, but CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :) I wish I could give you a big ol hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I can't believe how sick you were!!!! That sounds terrible! I'm so glad you're feeling better now and that PPVI was able to point you in the right direction. How scary after your amazing news!

    We love you and are SO happy for your new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to go into the ER for IV fluids and meds with my first two pregnancies. (Your experience sounds EXACTLY like mine at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy... it was awful, I was throwing up every 5 minutes and couldn't keep down water.) With my third, I drank ice-cold orange Gatorade like it was going out of style, and no ER visits were necessary! :) I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, your sickness sounds absolutely awful. :( I will be praying for you as your u/s approaches! Our anatomy scan is on the same day!! I will pray for two healthy babies! :) Have fun in Napa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you were so very sick, how awful!! Glad the anti nausea meds help and I certainly hope this was not pregnancy related and you won't have to go through this again, bless your heart!

    Great planning for your trip haha, designated driver!!

    I'll mark April 28th on my calendar and pray :) Mark this MOnday on yours for us please!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So... Let me get this straight. You found out you are pregnant on the birthday of St. Gerard, you are having your first ultrasound on the Feast Day of St Gianna Beretta Molla and you are due on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe?! I have one word for you... GRACE! What beautiful gifts of Grace!! I'm still in awe and so very happy for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about the throwing up, but I still can't help but smile through this whole post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of Napa! That's where we went on our honeymoon!! :) You'll have a great time, but yeah...funny timing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that they were able to take care of you in the ER! Too cool that you're having your ultrasound on the feast day of St. Gianna! And being due on the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe!

    Those are some amazing points on suffering. It really puts everything in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh how awful, I hate throwing up too. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waiting on another post from you!!! Some updates please :) How are you feeling? Symptoms?

    ReplyDelete