One of my dear friends since we were young is getting married tomorrow. First, a little description if her... Holy, angelic, innocent, naive, gullible, sensitive, very caring and loving. She also struggles with Bi-polar and something doesn't seem normal about her meds...I think this is part of the reason why I think she is making this decision. Why? She isn't herself. She is so highly medicated that she seems like she is in a daze. Its so sad!!! She has never ever had a man love her before and this guy is filling that void for her. Ok so on to him...BRACE yourself!!
He is a felon. He had a meth lab in his house. He spent a year in jail for this. He got kicked out of military for cocaine use. He beat his ex wife so severely that he chipped 6 of her teeth. He has a child who is 5 who he doesn't claim and doesn't pay child support for. He has a poor paying job because he doesn't have a college education and because he is a felon so he will neve be able to get a solid good job. He has 0 friends. And when I mean 0, I mean, not even one to have as his groomsman!!! What else?! There are many other little things.
We, her family and friends, have had mannnny interventions. He dad even worked with he district attorney to open his old cases. My friend saw the pics of the beaten ex wife!!! Her dad even contacted the ex and asked her to talk to my friend... She did and begged her not to marry this guy and yet my friend is ignoring this. Our priest gave her every reason not to marry this guy!!! The cops that arrested him even met with her and her dad and tried to talk her out of this. Yall her parents are the most Catholic, loving, devoted couple ever!! They have gone above and beyond to try and get to her senses but nothing is working!!
She is walking down the isle and marrying this guy tomorrow!!! Im sick to my stomach. My friends and I are all sick!!! The only people in his life coming to the wedding tomorrow are his parents. Her parents are asking their own friends to sit on his side of church b.c there will be no one on that side if they dont.
Last night we threw her a "Bachlorette" dinner. We went out for sushi and then had a little pj/lingerie party for her after. It was soooo awkward!!! She is honestly in LALA LAND!!!! It's so sad:(((
Last point... she is on lithium for her disorder...which means she cannot get pregnant. She also can't function without that med. She is ignoring this and thinking she can still have a child. THIS IS my biggest concern. What if she is on this med and conceives!!!! I'm so scared!!! Next, she can never adopt b.c her husband to be is a felon!! It's a never ending road of RED FLAGS!!!! And yet she things he has "changed." If he had changed that would be awesome....but he hasn't. That's a whole addition to the story.
So I'm asking for you to storm the heavens with prayers. I'm actually praying for a miracle...for her to come to this realization and either not walk down the isle or not even show up!!! I understand that God might have a bigger picture in all this...one that is hard to understand now but might make sense later. All I ask is that you pray for this precious friend
Hugs
She is walking down the isle and marrying this guy tomorrow!!! Im sick to my stomach. My friends and I are all sick!!! The only people in his life coming to the wedding tomorrow are his parents. Her parents are asking their own friends to sit on his side of church b.c there will be no one on that side if they dont.
Last night we threw her a "Bachlorette" dinner. We went out for sushi and then had a little pj/lingerie party for her after. It was soooo awkward!!! She is honestly in LALA LAND!!!! It's so sad:(((
Last point... she is on lithium for her disorder...which means she cannot get pregnant. She also can't function without that med. She is ignoring this and thinking she can still have a child. THIS IS my biggest concern. What if she is on this med and conceives!!!! I'm so scared!!! Next, she can never adopt b.c her husband to be is a felon!! It's a never ending road of RED FLAGS!!!! And yet she things he has "changed." If he had changed that would be awesome....but he hasn't. That's a whole addition to the story.
So I'm asking for you to storm the heavens with prayers. I'm actually praying for a miracle...for her to come to this realization and either not walk down the isle or not even show up!!! I understand that God might have a bigger picture in all this...one that is hard to understand now but might make sense later. All I ask is that you pray for this precious friend
Hugs



Your friend's story sounds eerily similar to mine. Except I'm not bi-polar or on lithium and instead of a good Catholic family, I'm from a good Mor.mon family.. I married a felon. We got married 2000 miles away from his family and they didn't come (only my family and friends). The only differences are - he didn't go to prison for drugs and he NEVER hit his ex-wife.
ReplyDeleteI guess what I'm tryin to say is...people can change. It's not necessarily easy being married to a felon, not because of him, but because of the limitations on him (i.e. adoption, jobs, etc). It doesn't make it not worth it though.
I will pray for her.
I understand what you are saying. I thought about adding this to the post but I forgot. He in no way has acted remorseful or said he was sorry. Instead he has lied time after time to her...we have been the ones who have led her to the lies. She chooses to believe him after all these lies. She is absolutely oblivious! Its one thing if he admitted all his wrong doings and changed but he hasnt admitted one. it just doesnt make sense to me. there was full proof about all this and he is still lying! And, he hasn't shown his face at all. He won't go with her anywhere. I would understand it more if he admitted his problems and changed but he hasn't. He won't even go with her to events or parties or dinners. It's like he has never ever even tried to show that he has changed. Please know that I do know that change can occur but sadly enough this is not looking like change:(
DeletePraying for her.
ReplyDeleteAdding my prayers!
ReplyDeletePrayers for her.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm late, but I'm definitely including her on my prayer list!
ReplyDelete