It was SOOOO fun!!!! I drove over to P'cola (Pensacola) recently to meet these fine ladies: Lauren (Magnify the Lord with Me), Kaitlin (More Like Mary More Like Me), and Karen (Pray-Hope-Trust) . Y'all, they are so cute, so fun, so full of life and knowledge and most of all, they have absolutely adorable children:) I got to snuggle with all three babies and just loved it!!! I have been wanting a blogger meet-up down south and it finally was accomplished! We really spent all our time talking away and me, learning from all their mom ideas/tricks. They definitely persuaded me to be a cloth diaper momma. I'm super excited about that. What is happening with me....haha....doula, now cloth diapers!!! I'm totally surprising myself and LOVING it!
On to the cloth diaper topic, I learned a lot from these ladies but am curious to see what else you others are using. I'm thinking of sticking to the Bum Genius brand but am totally open to your thoughts. If any of you have any of your posts on this topic, send me the link in the comment section so I can read please:) Thanks! Oh and what to wash them with????
I've been thinking a lot lately about infertility. That pain is so very close to my heart and will never be forgotten. I just wanted to let those of you who are struggling know that you are always in my prayers. Just a little support reminder:)



I have ordered 6 Bum Genius so far. My baby is due Sept. 25th and I registered for some prefolds/covers and some other AIO's. I am getting excited about using my diapers. Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteYes it was a blast! Wish you could have stayed longer!
ReplyDeleteI use a teaspoon or so of my own detergent. I just mix equal parts of Borax, Washing Soda, and OxyClean. Easy!
Bum Genius are the best cloth diapers I've used. I went through lots of brands trying to find a good one that wouldn't leak. My son came home at 12.5 months old, so I had to learn cloth diapering on a toddler. It's not impossible, but you do want a diaper that holds up to heavy wetting. I never have leaks with BGs. I can even put him in one all night and no problems and that's now when he's 2 and 36 pounds.
ReplyDeleteI'd suggest too before you commit to one brand to do a 30 day test drive of several brands. Diaper Junction has one and then you can return whatever and buy the ones you liked. I wash them in regular detergent that is dye and perfume free and I use 1/4 cup of OxyClean powder. Check out this chart for safe detergents fo cloth diapers: http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html
So happy to read such a great post! I've been behind on blog reading, so it's wonderful you are doing so great! Still praying!
I just ventured into cloth diapering recently with my 3 month old son (well he's almost 4 months now), so we've been at it for about a month. I bought 12 sunbaby diapers (sunbabydiapers.com) and also got one free babykicks diaper through a promo at kellyscloset.com. My sunbaby diapers were $5 a piece (insert included of course) and the babykicks diaper sells for $18...and I have to say that so far I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sunbabies and just think the expensive brand is okay. I'm about to order 12 more sunbaby diapers just waiting for them to get some new colors/prints available. And I use Kaitlin's homemade detergent as well.
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures of you all! So fun! Good for you with the diapers...I wish I could but I don't do well with poop, haha! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my post that I did on cloth diapering at 3 months
ReplyDelete. It also has links to my other cloth diapering posts.
Anyone tried Kaitlin's detergent in a he top loader washing machine?
ReplyDeleteYou ladies are awesome:))))Thank you thank you! So helpful!
ReplyDeleteI love bumgenius, but I mostly use prefolds and covers. And we use Rockin' green detergent. I used to use Charlies and I like that too, but RG is cheaper. I have been cloth diapering for 4 years and I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteI use sunbaby's too and love them. NO leaks. Been using them for 10 months!
ReplyDeleteBeware of using oxyclean on the covers because over time it causes them to no longer become water proof (leaking). I have read this on SOOOO many sites!
on any cover...not sunbaby in particular.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies:) I have a lot to think about! ha
ReplyDeleteLove the cloth diaper idea, but with possible twins, not sure it is feasible so going with disposible :(
ReplyDeleteSo glad for your blogger meet up - but where are the pics?? lol
Allie