Daily Offering

Oh Lord, I offer you today. There will be highs & lows, irritations, successes & failures. There will be sadness, happiness, good news & bad news. There will be things I can deal with and others I cannot. There will be loneliness. There will be temptations & frustrations. But whatever comes today is yours. You and I know that only your strength can see me through this day. Have patience with me. Let your strength keep me whole this day. And when today is gone, grant me peaceful rest, so that I may wake and offer you tomorrow. AMEN!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Prayers for 2 bloggers/Starting back

I must say first that my heart is aching this morning as I read through blogs and noticed that there are two bloggers out there that have suddenly lost their husbands. This just saddens me so much. Although I don't know them or their blogs, my heart just aches. Sew mentioned one girl and then another girl commenting on Sew's post mentioned another. Life is so fragile. Please pray for these precious women and their families during this time of suffering.

I am finally being lazy. After these past two weeks of jumping back into school, I am finally making myself lay down and be still. Going from summer break to work is hard enough but when you are preggers and used to taking naps daily and then you are thrown in full speed ahead, it's kinda tough! So today I am doing one thing and that is going to mass. Then I plan on coming right back to this same spot and laying on the couch ALL DAY!

School so far has been great. I have a great set of kids this year. I'm amazed at how interested these 7th and 8th graders are about baby who. They are all about some questions. haha. I have a little corner of my board reserved for baby. I have a picture up there, it's measurements and the vegetable size of the week:) The kids are excited to find out what type of veggie it's grown into on Mondays. haha.

This year I don't have as much free time as I did last year. I'm teaching 7th & 8th grade religion and history. Last year I just taught history and one class religion. So I only have one break throughout the whole day and it is first thing in the morning...not a good time for a plan period. They best would be in the middle of the day but hey, you can't always have the best schedule. So you can see why I am exhausted by 3.

DH has been great with my exhaustedness! haha. He definitely sees it and wants to help out whenever he can. It's been nice b.c we are both in the kitchen at night and it makes the cooking go along a lot faster. Shoot, when I'm in the kitchen, it takes forever. And after being on your feet all day, the last thing you want to do is be on your feet in the kitchen. I told dh I need a directors chair for prep and cook time! hahaha. But seriously, all I want to do is lay in a hot bath at the end of the day. But I can't b.c I like my baths hot and I've read and been told that is not healthy for pregger people. Oh well, it's all worth it!


Advice: PPVI knocked my progesterone from 2 ml to 1 ml b.c my levels were looking good. Well my D.A. forgot to refill my progesterone so I didn't have enough. I only took 3/4ths of shot instead of 1. Then I fedexed more and am not going to be irresponsible ever again. So, I'm anxious for Monday to come so I can give my baby more. The one reason I am worrying is b.c of a pain that I am having that I have never had before. Now, I know about that ligament pain issue so it could be that but I'm not sure. All day Friday and Sat I have had this sharp, knife pain on my right of the belly (on my side almost). I mean the kind of pain that makes you take deep breaths, bend over pain. It's been consistent in that it continues to happen but not consistent as in every 2 min. I (think I) know that it's not contractions b.c I feel no tightening or cramps. Just a stab of pain. So I called nurse finally last night when DH about lost it. He was getting mad at me for not doing something about it. She didn't seem worried. Told me to take tylenol and lay down. So that is my plan for today. To rest. Hoping it doesn't start back up tomorrow. If it does, I'm calling dr. Any of you experience this consistently??? Advice would calm me:)

7 comments:

  1. Dumb question - but could it be your sciatic nerve? I have been having sharp pains in my left side/lower back and I seem to recall it was related to the sciatic nerve or something like that. I could totally be wrong, but just wanted to put it out there.

    I can't believe you are back at school already, but I totally get the exhaustion factor. I am so tired in the middle of the day sometimes, that I am counting the hours until I go home and can lay down!

    I hope all continues to go well and I am glad you updated. I have missed you! Much love to you and little Baby Who! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you! Hope the school year continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say pain on the right side could be your gall bladder, which tends to flare up with hormonal changes and/or eating too much greasy, fatty, spicy food (which we crave during pregnancy!). So it definitely could be that. It would be sort of right around the ribs on the right side. You could try to take a zantac and see if that helps. It has helped mine in the past and is safe during pregnancy, unless PPVI tells you otherwise. Hope it goes away soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hi :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading this update and knowing you are doing well. I had a similar pain to what you describe and I thought it was round ligament, but not sure. I can say I had it with both pregnancies. I am glad you are taking it easy today! Love, WBR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great update, sorry about the early morning planning, ycuk! I have planning periods all scattered throughout the week (the joys of auxillary teachers!) but I lucked out with 2 on Wed, THurs, and Fri! I have been able to get almost all my sub stuff together for maternity leave and even have a little time today for some much needed blogging!

    Sweet of your DH to help out in the kitchen, adn hilarious about your students and the veggie stage. The little ones really are interested in mine too, they stare at my belly instead of my face during class. lol!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK...what's going on over there? School start? How's it going? How are you feeling? Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete